Sponsored Links

bt broadband and dabs offer

hello,
i've just signed up for bt broadband option 3, and part of the signup offer was £500 of dabs vouchers, now i've been past from pillar to post trying to redeem these vouchers, bt tell me to contact dabs, dabs tell me to contact bt, and neither will help me out.

as my service went live on the 17/03/2008, and i am still within the first seven days of the service, am i able to ask for a mac code, and move to another provider, without uncurring a cancellation fee?
many thanks

Well.. Bt spout a load of BS.
My boss signed up when they did there free xbox360 wireless adaptor.
Which I must say never turned up!!!
He rang them so much.. every time they would "forget" he enquired before and and he got fed up. So he emailed the CEO and now hes freeeeee! :)
I would attempt to get out now while you can!

hello,
i've just signed up for bt broadband option 3, and part of the signup offer was £500 of dabs vouchers, now i've been past from pillar to post trying to redeem these vouchers, bt tell me to contact dabs, dabs tell me to contact bt, and neither will help me out.

as my service went live on the 17/03/2008, and i am still within the first seven days of the service, am i able to ask for a mac code, and move to another provider, without uncurring a cancellation fee?
many thanks

Hi Lonestar
I too had a simular problem last year and I chased them up ok.
So here is an email address you might want to try?
drenshaw2@beta.dabs.com
the £500 vouchers can only be used against their selected items in which they sent you emails that denotes as to what they are!!:shrug: good luck!!!

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the replies, sadly there is no happy ending here.

i've been unable to get a mac code, as bt do not operate a cooling off period, and been unable to redeem the vouchers.

as a result, i raised a formal complaint with bt, about the handling of this, and as soon as i can i'll be requesting a mac code and leaving this bunch of c^&*s.

Contact the CEO about this surely this is false advertiseing..

Sponsored Links
Contact the CEO about this surely this is false advertiseing..

thats basically my arguement, it is the responsibility of either bt or the advertising website to make sure that the content of ads accurately reflects the details of the offer.

i signed up in good faith, and bt, dabs and / or broadband123 are guilty of misrepresentation.

Then they have to comply with this and supply the vouchers or it is false advertising, take a screenshot incase it is removed and send snails post letter following the BT complaints procedure asking where the vouchers are or a deadlock letter if you get a deadlock letter then go to BT ADR and complain also at this point you report the advert to ASA as this is on another website not on BTs own website hence false advetising.

Sponsored Links
Then they have to comply with this and supply the vouchers or it is false advertising, take a screenshot incase it is removed and send snails post letter following the BT complaints procedure asking where the vouchers are or a deadlock letter if you get a deadlock letter then go to BT ADR and complain also at this point you report the advert to ASA as this is on another website not on BTs own website hence false advetising.

I'm not sure that it counts as an advert, I suspect the website's owner gets a referral fee for people who sign up to BT via the link on his site.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules