Sponsored Links

BT Business Hub 3.0: How do you access the user interface?

Mel

I tried to access the User Interface of a BT Business Hub 3.0 via a smart phone to set up port forwarding for a CCTV box, but got an error page in my browser when I entered the gateway IP address reported by my phone:- http://192.168.1.254

I'm guessing that it might only allow access to the settings via cable connections, does anyone know if that's the case? Don't want to cart a laptop round there if I don't have too.

It's a recent model - about a year old, and the MAC suggests it's made by Sagem.

Thanks,

Mel.

Last edited:
I've not used one of those particular hubs but it's certainly plausible that such restrictions might be an option. But, and I really hate to ask this one, have you tried turning it off and on again :). Sometimes I find that routers which have been switched on awhile get all flustered unless they're given a power cycle (off - wait 5 mins - reboot) and this can cause the wifi to behave in an unusual way.

Do the same with your phone. Wow.. best advice ever.

I didn't try turning it off as I wasn't sure if anyone was using it.

I actually tried two smart phones, and neither worked at the time, however I left the url up in opera on the other phone and the owner called me up a few hours later to tell me he'd got the bt hub page up when he opened his browser.

When I went back to solder in a new fan, his phone couldn't connect, but my one did.

Still didn't get anywhere though, because the hub insists you change the password to something other than the random code printed on the bottom before it will let you access the settings, and when I tried to submit a new password, it just kept dropping back to the new password page.

Next time I try, I'll take a laptop to connect by cable and reboot the hub.

Sponsored Links
I had BT home hub3 for very short while, I remember accessing it on wifi. settings are very limited though. this is 18 months ago. they could have pushed a new firmware that disable this.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules