Sponsored

BT Cloud Voice Express - Additional Handsets

DCO896

Casual Member
The BT product guidance says
  • you can pair up to 5 handsets to the Yealink
  • that it will automatically link handsets to the number of lines
  • that once you exhaust the lines it will add the handset as an extension to the first line
  • that you can manage devices to assigned numbers and extensions in the BT Cloud Voice Express option on your account in BT.com
What options does it allow/show in your account?

There is even an option to add a separate CISCO desk phone to the BT Cloud Voice Express.

Where do you see this product guidance?

Pairing up to 5 handsets is true if you buy them from BT. Be interesting to see if they state that.

I can't manage my second device on BT.com because they don't recognise the second handset there.

I recently took out BT Business Broadband which came with Cloud Voice Express (including a Yealink base station and 1 handset). I purchased a couple of additional handsets from ebay and try to configure them. The ebay handsets register to the base no problem. However, you can't make calls from them.

I followed the base reset process and then registered the handsets, ebay handset first, then BT handset. They both registered but this time, the BT handset (i.e. second registered) couldn't make calls.

I called BT and they said that the reason why the BT handset wasn't working was because the ebay handset had "taken the slot" that otherwise been used by the BT handset. He offered to talk me through the fix to reset the base and register the BT handset only. Other than that, he refused to offer any additional help as the additional handsets were not purchased from BT.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone managed to get additional handset working that were not purchased from BT?
Hello, You would need to order another licence for a second phone to work for inbound and outbound calls, the phone needs to be purchased from BT and it will be sent out pre configured with the MAC Adress paired to the base status on, BT ring fences the system so you can’t just go and buy any handset and pair it with the base station, for quality assurance purposes, so any issues they can fix or replace handsets as the handsets are loaned, a bit like your smart hub, when you need to send them back, as BT own the kit, so it don’t matter which way you try fluke the system it won’t work, I hope that helps

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4221)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (922)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules