Sponsored Links

BT Responds to TalkTalks Rolling Contract Moan

I still struggle to see anything that passes as benefit to the consumer in a rolling contract. Cue Ofcom's internationally renowned chocolate teapot impression...

Pus this rolling 12month contract with offers of reductions could be the bribe to allow them to harvest your clicks and sell to advertisers through a company called Phorm using a webwise system.

They give with one hand but what price is your privacy would you sell it for a few pounds a month on free calls?

Sponsored Links
Pus this rolling 12month contract .......

Pus / plus. Intentional or a freudian slip?

Pus this rolling 12month contract with offers of reductions could be the bribe to allow them to harvest your clicks and sell to advertisers through a company called Phorm using a webwise system.

They give with one hand but what price is your privacy would you sell it for a few pounds a month on free calls?

What has a renewable contract on a voice telephone contract got to do with Internet privacy invasion like Phorm? Neither are great practice but that doesn't mean they are connected.

Actually, I'm on a renewable BT contract as it saved me a bit of money and I wouldn't touch the other options such as Virgin with a bargepole. In my case I am fully aware of the implications, and as long as they are up front about it (a big if, I know) I don't have a problem with them.

actually l think there is or will be a link, eventually phormed connections wont rely on having to be connected to BT as an ISP, after all if you think about it every ISP has to go through some part of BTs network before it gets switched onto your ISPs network, whats to say BT wont offer targeted advertising to customers who sign up to a provider, it would just be a simple matter of having a phorm server between your house and the ISP, BT used stealth trials before l dont think they would have any problem doing it behind our backs again.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules