Sponsored Links

BT Total broadband

Hello

I am hoping to be changing ISP soon, and have been considering BT total broadband, on their option 3 (unlimited usage) package.

Has anyone got any comments about them?

At the mo, Im having major probs with my current ISP, with slow speeds and too much downtime and non existent customer service.

First off, it wont be 'unlimited'. This is a widely misused term and its extremely unlikely that anyone advertising it is actually offering that.

They all have caps, be it in small print or something called a 'fair usage policy' (FUP).

As far as I know, BT isnt great, but isnt too bad in terms of support. They do seem to be rather expensive compared to other ISPs.

Sponsored Links
kalijack,
Like you I am seriously considering paying the extra for reliability and support when it is needed. I have had years of reliable and stable BB from V21 but if you read this forum you may have noticed the Biscit.net bought them out and have now lost 10,000 of us because Netservices claim the bills haven't been paid...... Well BT appears to be a good service and a friend of mine have been with them for 4 years (that's about when BB became widely available) and he swears by them...... as opposed to Biscit.net which is normally sworn at....
Expensive but very reliable and when you do get down time they compensate with a few quid here and there....

I am interested in BT option 3 too. I obtained my MAC from tiscali and was looking for unlimited deal. But option 3 is limited to 40GB
They even have option4 at 50GB download limt.
Anyway I am gonna sign up tonight as they have a £40 cash back offer that will end the 30th of November.
I found the link of voucher on this website just on the bottom of the screen: http://www.southafrica2010.org/index_bt.htm
It says Switch to BT and get up to £40 cash back

Sponsored Links
If you are migrating sign-up to www.rpoints.com and if you bung BT into the rpoint's offers search box, you will find they have a £15 cashback offer which also takes you to the same page on BT offering a £40 cashback offer from BT too ( http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail/consumer/broadband/wai/ )

We want to reward you for switching to BT Broadband.
Simply switch online to BT Broadband from another DSL provider and receive a £30 cash back cheque if you order Option 1, or £40 for customers choosing Options 2 or 3. We've made switching to BT Broadband as quick and easy as possible, but before you start you will need your Migration Authority Code (MAC) by contacting your current Internet Service Provider (ISP). See 'How to Switch' for more details. Then simply place your order before November 30th 2006 at the website where you first saw this promotion featured and make a note of your unique order reference number. For terms and conditions of this promotion and to claim your cash back visit www.btswitch.com.

You will need to clear your cookies out before clicking on the link from the rpoints website.

Last edited:
Is BTs customer service based in Britain? I have had the most unbelievably difficult and frustrating time with Tiscali (note the lack of suprise!) and never want to repeat this again.

BT uses India as its main customer service base. I believe there are some in the UK and Eire.
My experience of the BT support staff has been positive. (I lived in Birmingham for many years so maybe my ear is attuned to the sounds of sub-continent voices!)
The staff are well-mannered, polite, and generally very helpful. If one has a problem then they are eager to pass you up the line to management.
One big difference between BT and other ISPs is that BT will refund you for any failing in the service. My HomeHub went wrong and I have been offered compensation for the lack of service, cost of making calls on an ordinary phone rather than the Hub Phone, and a new HomeHub was supplied within days.
BT is a refreshing experience, no matter where the support staff are located.
I hope this helps.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules