Sponsored

BT WEbpage goes up but cannot browse past it

Naimspeople

ISP Rep
We have been told by some of our customers that the B.T. walled garden
webpage has now gone up. These customers knew this was to happen and
have already made arrangements to Migrate to our new services.

However it seems that B.T. are not letting the end users browse past this web page.
So many will follow their noses and migrate to B.T.

We are of the opinion that this is no better than the situation with Ezeedsl/Netservices last November.

Naims.co.uk.

Last edited:

ziggycat

Pro Member
the proxy server I used last time does not get me through the wall I think its dead now so will have to try and fine a new one.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
We are of the opinion that this is no better than the situation with Ezeedsl/Netservices last November.

Naims.co.uk.
Cutting access off is not an ideal situation, but unlike Ezee/Netservices, BT Wholesale are providing MACs so people can migrate with minimal downtime, and are not trying to foist or even offering their own services. BT have also provide a free service for over a week and are providing the MAC helpline all at BT's own cost.

As I recall V21/Netservices customers were promised a prolonged downtime with a garden wall followed by a cease if they didn't accept Ezee's offer (although it didn't work out as long as they intended) and prior to that E7even customers had far worse treatment with 1 month or more of no service other than ezee's walled garden for those that wisely declined Ezee's offer.

Last edited:

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
I don't think BT's garden wall has the holes in it Netservices one had.

This link from before wont get through either https://secure.proxyhttps.com/ I think Netservices were letting https traffic out.
I think in the case of Netservices/eeze, they left the https:// hole to allow the third party payment system to function. They also allowed ICMP which meant Ping tunnel worked. I wouldn't expect BT to be so inept.

Magpie

Casual Member
I am walled up too, but I have found a gate that leads to my local library. This will have to do for now, until I get a service at home again. Fortunately I was able to get a MAC code from BT Wholesale(thanks to a tip in the forums on this site) and am now waiting for my new ISP to sort out the migration.

Skip_intro

Well this has screwed my usual working from home patterns, just in time for the snow... :hrmph:

And brilliantly, BISCIt have now announced an FAQ page:

We will provide a link to a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page by Tuesday 20th March, and aim to add further information for guidance to customers.
Juts when the users aren't able to get to it - priceless!

Last edited:

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
have you all got your MAC codes?

ajr595

Casual Member
Messenger use?

Would anyone know if it's still possible to login and use Messenger once one is within a so-called walled garden?

Many thanks

AJ

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Don't think so suppose you could try

kai_soze

as it stands, i can only access this website nothing else, according to breathe i have to wait till around wed/thur for my mac code as there is nothing no one can do .

BreatheCEO

BT Wholesale?

kai_soze said:
as it stands, i can only access this website nothing else, according to breathe i have to wait till around wed/thur for my mac code as there is nothing no one can do.
Hi.

I'm a bit confused as to why EurISP customers would be getting the BT Wholesale page, and only be able to access ISP Review?

Nothing has been done to the Maxsurf customer connections with EurISP and they should all be working fine - it sounds like you may be having an unrelated technical problem.

If you are getting a BT Wholesale page, then it would suggest that you are a BT Wholesale-provisioned customer?

Could you please PM me your CLI and I'll check if you are really a EurISP customer!

Thanks,

M.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Hi.

I'm a bit confused as to why EurISP customers would be getting the BT Wholesale page, and only be able to access ISP Review?

Nothing has been done to the Maxsurf customer connections with EurISP and they should all be working fine - it sounds like you may be having an unrelated technical problem.

If you are getting a BT Wholesale page, then it would suggest that you are a BT Wholesale-provisioned customer?

Could you please PM me your CLI and I'll check if you are really a EurISP customer!

Thanks,

M.
Hi Marcus from the IP he posted on the forums he is a Eurisp customer.

kai_soze

yes that is correct, i am a eurisp, but i am only able to access this website, i have tried flushing my dns used serveral other dns servers, but to no joy its weried, i can view www.bbc.co.uk, but google etc one or two sites work, but 99% dont, including msn etc

BreatheCEO

Hi Marcus from the IP he posted on the forums he is a Eurisp customer.
Thanks, Kits - our technical team are looking into this now - there is no problem with the network connection and he is on the network, so they will call him to take him through his local settings.

His configuration may be using a now-defunct Biscit DNS server.

M.

kai_soze

both DNS and IP are set to automatic, and have tried several diffrent famous DNS servers, so i really dunno what is wrong, just reinstalled modem drivers etc but no joy

jack8

Pro Member
My connection has died , could not get on at all last night. So I just hope My Zen connection is working today.

Cold Fusion

I think BT should have allowed us to connect until this problem was sorted. I know they are issuing MAC's but it still takes time and alot of Biscit customers are business users to which the internet is a vital part, its abit poor really.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • NOW TV £22.00 (*40.00)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.95
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2697)
  2. FTTP (2543)
  3. FTTC (1743)
  4. Building Digital UK (1684)
  5. Politics (1579)
  6. Openreach (1543)
  7. Business (1364)
  8. FTTH (1284)
  9. Statistics (1191)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1161)
  11. Fibre Optic (1037)
  12. 4G (1001)
  13. Wireless Internet (988)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (987)
  15. Virgin Media (962)
  16. EE (668)
  17. Sky Broadband (650)
  18. TalkTalk (633)
  19. Vodafone (627)
  20. 5G (464)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules