Sponsored

BT WEbpage goes up but cannot browse past it

jack8

Pro Member
I have to agree. I think they should of maybe let us have a weeks grace to sort out any change.

Skip_intro

yes, it would be quite difficult to use your MAC number to signup with a new provider online...

I can't even get to the BT Wholesale page, or Newsgroups, or BitTorrent, so I'm assuming that SKY have xfer'd me and so my BISCit info is now totally defunct. Once I get my kit, which should be sometime today, I'll hopefully be re-connected.

jack8

Pro Member
Yes I was lucky I was able to sign up via work. I tried to use new codes last night but it is not yet switched across. Says it will happen sometime today upto 11.59 tonight.

I hope it a bit before then.

onerob

Casual Member
I'm a bit annoyed at being 'walled gardened' by BT (although understand it from their point of view). I wonder if they can be persuaded to allow a hole through the wall just for the next few days, while we wait for our new providers to enable our accounts. I'm facing a wait of several days.

MrSunshine

Casual Member
I got a reply from Ofcom the other day which I think has already been detailed on here. Thanked them but also pointed out that maybe themselves and BT shouldn't be doing as much backslapping when there are people, like myself, now facing a period without any web access. Was only thanks to the good people on this forum that I knew to get my MAC code on Saturday which gave me time to sign up with someone else while I still had access. I'm looking at a week from today before I'm connected though - I'm lucky to have some access at work. This is with Be and when I asked if it could be done sooner they said no because that was the date BT had given them! So BT might give with one hand but they take away with the other. And anyway, since when was BT in the role of regulator? We need a third party supplying MACs so that as soon as there's any trouble the last people affected are the customers.

This is my first post by the way so I'd like to say a collective thanks to everyone who's posted info about this fiasco in the last week or so. It's been absolutely invaluable.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2247)
  3. FTTC (1671)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1428)
  7. Business (1255)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1101)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1054)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (917)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules