Sponsored Links

BTopenreach fibre installation to 3 mast?

Gandi69

ULTIMATE Member
As three support are pretty much in the dark in regards to new mast "go live" dates i've tried my best to find out when a newly constructed mast local to myself will actually become operational.
Ive mentioned it a few times here but i'll just recap quickly:
The mast itself was built in very late 2020 but the antennas have not been installed on it yet. Naturally being a three customer i've been keen to find out when this will be happening so I can actually achieve semi decent speeds via 4g/LTE or at least attempt to.
I opened up the one.network site today to check on a local road diversion and noticed that BT Openreach have scheduled works directly where the mast is located so was wondering if that would be the fibre rollout to connect the tower up. Are BT openreach the ones who perform the fibre installs to these new masts? I'm sure I read somewhere that the roll out of fibre to the towers was being done by City Fibre (Wolverhampton is apparently a CityFibre area apparently) so was just curious about this.
Maybe now lockdown is easing they'll finish this thing off!

Attachments

• three.png
    three.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 126
All the providers user a number of backhaul providers, it all just depends who's fibers/ducting is available in the area/what they offer etc.

That feels like the backhaul installation to me.

All the providers user a number of backhaul providers, it all just depends who's fibers/ducting is available in the area/what they offer etc.

That feels like the backhaul installation to me.

That does make sense considering cityfibre dont have the span of BT openreach in most areas id have thought. Be interesting to see how long it takes them to stick the antennas up on it, no works scheduled yet on one.network after this point though i'm sure it'll change

Sponsored Links
Just logged on today and this has appeared, thats quite a while for the tower to go live after the fibre install (which incidentally hasnt begun yet due to no road works being there as I drove past today)

1618849550136.png

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules