Sponsored Links

Building FTTP where regeneration works are going to happen estate getting demolished

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
My parents was expecting to move out of there Council Property where they live at Clichy Estate E1 Wellesley Street last year then Housing officer called to say they are moving out end of next year.

Recently housing officer called to say they will be moving out around 4 years time due to covid I guess they had to prioritise other housing projects or cause the estate is big not the right time to move people due current situations etc..

Now Commnity Fibre have been installed at my parents building don't they know they will have to rebuild fibre in around 7 years time or so when the new buildings are built

Even Hyperoptic are rolling out in the area.

Dont they know they will have to spend again to build guess they dont know the easte is getting demolished or get some customers on board untill the estate is demolished.

Hmm that's an interesting dilemma for an operator. I suspect they probably signed a master wayleave agreement with the council, which may be contingent upon them completing a certain level of coverage with social homes. I'll ask Community Fibre and see if they were even aware, as it could be something that might go unnoticed by an operator.

Nearly forgot about this one. So according to CF, in the standard Master Wayleave, landlords have an obligation to give the Wayleave holder at least 18 months’ notice if they plan to redevelop. So that's the agreement they have and of course operators' gamble that, with a few exceptions, most buildings will be around for a lot longer after they install their infrastructure.

I would assume that CF's model may also factor some potential for extra costs due to such eventualities, but I'm not sure.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules