Sponsored Links

Bulldog Complaint Action from: OFCOM/The Register.

Hi all

“IT’S TIME TO HAVE YOUR SAY!”

For those of you that have been monitoring this Forum, you may have noticed the “Bulldog Complaint to OFCOM” Post’s I have been sending,

I am pleased to tell you that I have now been contacted by the news agency “THE REGISTER” http://www.theregister.co.uk/ whom has now joined us in this plight to get something done about the dreadful service Bulldog have been providing, they will be taking a statement from me and are interested in hearing from more of you and the problems you have been facing, this story will be posted/published in the next couple of days.

“IT’S TIME TO HAVE YOUR SAY!” if you like so many others are dissatisfied with Bulldogs Service, it’s time to act!

I and the Register will be taking your stories to OFCOM and BULLDOG Personally.

ACT NOW! Send your complaint to collis_steve@yahoo.co.uk I DO NOT need your BDOL Number just your story.

“You are about to be heard”

Kind Regards
Steve Collis

Sponsored Links
I have an order going through which I don't want anymore... Tried cancelling but they haven't took any notice of emails so far.

I wish you (...and me) every success in this attempt to give Bulldog a swift kick up the 'arriss!

I'll be sending you my story soon.

TRIaXOR™ said:
<touch wood> lol, my service is fine, thankfully i dont need CS </touch wood> ;)

Spoke too soon, Bulldog has Suffered a core router failure since friday with most of Scotland affected, of which they STILL dont think anything is wrong.. :eek:

50% packetloss of your Scottish Customers Not tell you anything?!? :mad:

I bet that explains the message on their support line today... "We are up to our necks in it... No sod knows what to do... We're all off for a fag and a brew so don't bother hanging on".

I never thought I'd see the day when I saod Tiscali have a service better than somebody else but...

Sponsored Links
The BULLers have told us that although our BB has been cancelled we still have to pay the annual fee.... If I only had one of their directors in front of me, I'd give him what for.... And I am usually very laidback!

Andy

Sponsored Links
AndyD_OHD said:
The BULLers have told us that although our BB has been cancelled we still have to pay the annual fee.... If I only had one of their directors in front of me, I'd give him what for.... And I am usually very laidback!

Andy

wat annual fee ?

AndyD_OHD,

I'm afraid I've no time to go into any detail, however you may find the following information useful.
The first is an extract from Bulldogs own website, the second being an extract from the DTIs guide to the Distant Selling Regulations.

1) Section 3.6 of the Bulldog general T&Cs forms part of the contract between you and the company:

http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/general/termsandconditions.asp

3.6 You may end your contract with Bulldog prior to activation by sending Bulldog an email indicating that you wish to end your contract:

• within seven (7) working days from the day after the Order Date if you have ordered online, over the telephone or otherwise at distance; or

• if forty (40) working days have passed since the Order Date.
2) Extract form the DTI guide to DSRs:
http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/facts/distancesell.htm

Q8. What can I do if I don't receive my goods? (Edit: includes services)

Answer: If no date is specified, delivery of goods or the start of performance of a service must be within 30 days of the order. If they don't arrive you are entitled to cancel the order and receive a full refund.
With regards to Bulldog demanding a years fee from you, I think you will find their T&Cs state that if a contract is cancelled within the first 12-months, the outstanding amount equal of 12 months subscription becomes payable.
Therefore if you had paid no monthly fees at all, the whole 12 months becomes due.

Finally and with all respect, but would you mind not making insulting references to (re)tards.
Knowing such people, I find it quiet sad when someone needs to use their handicap as a means of making insulting comments.
Thanks.

paul45 said:
Finally and with all respect, but would you mind not making insulting references to (re)tards.
Knowing such people, I find it quiet sad when someone needs to use their handicap as a means of making insulting comments.
Thanks.

lol, i use that word all the time.

PC gone mad

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
the tards reference imho is used more in online gaming, such as Smacktards, f***tards and suchlike, wether these however is in reference to the term retard (such a horrible word imho) is a bit of a grey area :confused:

TRIaXOR,
Thanks very much for the reference to the use of the word for gamers, which I wasn't aware of.
I guess it originates from 'retarded', then like you say the horrible (and insulting) word 'retards', then current trend of using the word 'tards'.

I was out with a group of Downs Syndrome children a few weeks ago, when I overheard a youngster of around 14 or 15 years old refer to them as a bunch of 'tards'.
I could have punched his ******* head in.

Thanks again.

Recently6 at the school where I work we had session to try and stop the use of some words that can be hurtful and affensive to some members of our society. these sessions was under the name the meaning in a word. We thought it had gone well until the yr 6 children started of again calling all younger children who got in their way mongs retards slappers and some more I wouldn't post on public forums.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules