Sponsored Links

Bulldog Complaint Action from: OFCOM/The Register.

I know how you feel Kits, it's like bashing your head against a brick wall sometimes.
One can only hope they eventually mature enough & grow out of it.

i believe people that use the term deliberately to offend people with disabilities, both online or offline deserve to get 'thier head kicked in'.

But with reference to this forum, the word was used innocently to describe an isp.

Any attempts to stop the use of this word is futile as it is used so often.

Im not trying to be tricky, its just the reality.

Give the guy a break. No, its probably not right to use the word, but I use it. And personally I think handicapped people are the same, just need help witha few things.

I know a few people with problems that could be called tard's in todays society, and they use it too.

I use it to describe stupid (by actions, not disablility) and annoying people, not people who are handicapped.

No, but then I live in the real world. :shrug:

Before anyone starts on me with all this moral politically correct bs, I have a younger brother whom is autistic. I thought Id mention it since it seems you have to have worked with or live with someone considered 'not normal' to have an opinion on these things.

No, but then I live in the real world.
I'm not really following your drift there.

I thought Id mention it since it seems you have to have worked with or live with someone considered 'not normal' to have an opinion on these things
Not at all, and just for the record I didn't (nor anyone else AFAIK) even suggest such a thing.
Perhaps you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Sponsored Links
Cant be bothered to explain, simply put Im tired of all the PC rubbish here, and its not really a relevant thread for this. It wont be long before we cant even use the word 'idiot' before it insults people with low IQ's and is seen as the 'wrong' thing to do.

Oh, and Im not suggesting you did, but Im sure you have seen the same as me. Rather than out the goodness of their own heart, some people do things (work, volunteer, whatever) with special needs etc just so they can say they have. Its like a badge of honour to some people, because its a 'right' thing to do.

Treat people the same as other people, as I do. If they insult me, I insult back. If they ask for help and need it, I will. I find treating people as tho they are 'special' is sometimes worse than actually insulting them. Fed up of tip-toeing around all this PC crap, regaurding race, religion, disablilties, colour, etc etc.

No doubt many people look down on me as someone that jeers at people in wheelchairs and the like, just because I use the term 'tard' sometimes :rolleyes:

I think you will find disabled/handycapped people have a sense of humour too.

Last edited:
Remember the point of this thread anyone?......Bulldog Complaint Action from: OFCOM/The Register...?
Any further developments?

Sponsored Links
From the volume of complaints and the nature of some of them i dont think that this can wholely blamed on BT.

I agree with you ManOfMeans.

Bulldogs problems have been going on for well over a year (long before May of this year when BT introduced the new system).

Unless I'm very much mistaken, I seem to recall recently they blamed BT for something like 5 or 6 out 10 connections not being made on time, whilst the most recent report showed BT were to blame for only 2 out 10 late connections.

Besides of which, a lot of people have reported not being able to even get in contact with any sort of CS.

Plus read some of the stories people have, its more than just late connections thats the problem.

BULLDOG BROADBAND.

After upgrading my broadband from 1mb to 8mb (for £10 a month less that what I was paying), Bulldog (who I have been with for 15months) managed to mess it up. However after ringing their technical team, who sound like they are just out of high school, I have no resolution.

Some problems I am having:

* they wont give me a contact number for their 2nd Line technical response team...I have to stay in my house and wait for them to call me.

* my phone line is now managed by Bulldog, and when someone tries to call (and I am on a call), it cuts off!

* I was told by a customer service girl "I am terminating this call, as I have other customers on the line waiting" ... great service.

* I was also told that they can give me the name of a manager, as they dont like their details given out.

* 8 times they promised to call back, and they have not

* they are still charging me for a zero service

* their telephone switchboard says "Option 3 Customer services - and its puts you through to billing"

* you have to wait at least 45 mins on hold for customer services.

* their head office number is just a messagebox...nobody ever rings back.

What have I done to resolve this? Well I called their parent company "Cable & Wireless" and the women on the switchboard said - are you complaining about Bulldog - we get a lot of calls about them....says it all really. Anyway I am intouch with a Director of C&W and I said I am going to Bulldog HQ on Monday to speak to the CEO if they dont sort this out.

My conclusion - they have grown too big for their customer base...and they cant cope.

My advise - DONT SIGN UP OR GO THROUGH THE PAIN I HAVE AND AM STILL GOING THROUGH!!! Dial-up sucks - I am having to use it at the moment.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5512)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules