Sponsored Links

Bulldog has to be the worst

Bulldog Communications Ltd has to be the worst Broadband provider ever. Their customer service line is a complete joke and a wait of 2 hrs to talk to someone is not unusual. But even once you get through the staff are rude, unhelpful and basically useless.
If you make the mistake of asking for a MAC key then they take that as an instant disconnection even though you may not have decided to actually move or decided on another ISP. No thats all Bulldog need to not only terminate your account but block your ADSL line so any new ISP will have to charge you a reconnection fee.

See this http://graeme.wakerley.users.btopenworld.com/bulldog.htm

I hoping to warn as many people as possible off this joke of a company

Graeme

I think most people already know about bulldog and what is going on and your opinion of go to plusnet is true they are alot better than bulldog but they are still not the best, you get what you pay for remember that.

I've had great customer service from PlusNet, at least as good as I had from Zen, if not better - and I pay far less than I used to. So from my experience your inference that PlusNet support is lacking doesn't hold true. :shrug:

Sponsored Links
Looks as though Bulldog might have failed to keep their promise of a marked improvement by the end of July

ManOfMeans said:
I think most people already know about bulldog and what is going on and your opinion of go to plusnet is true they are alot better than bulldog but they are still not the best, you get what you pay for remember that.

I would disagree, I am with PlusNet and their service to me has been 100%, I do not know of anything better than 100%. :hrmph:

From what we consistently hear of Bulldog, I would think that there are very few *worse* ISPs, so any of the reasonably respectable ones would be a better choice, and what is "best" may depend to some extent on your requirements.

But I have to confess that I'm also a happy PlusNet customer, have been for over three years now - how come we all ended up in the same thread? :D

BULLDOG Customer (dis-services)

BULLDOG BROADBAND.

After upgrading my broadband from 1mb to 8mb (for £10 a month less that what I was paying), Bulldog (who I have been with for 15months) managed to mess it up. However after ringing their technical team, who sound like they are just out of high school, I have no resolution.

Some problems I am having:

* they wont give me a contact number for their 2nd Line technical response team...I have to stay in my house and wait for them to call me.

* my phone line is now managed by Bulldog, and when someone tries to call (and I am on a call), it cuts off!

* I was told by a customer service girl "I am terminating this call, as I have other customers on the line waiting" ... great service.

* I was also told that they can give me the name of a manager, as they dont like their details given out.

* 8 times they promised to call back, and they have not

* they are still charging me for a zero service

* their telephone switchboard says "Option 3 Customer services - and its puts you through to billing"

* you have to wait at least 45 mins on hold for customer services.

* their head office number is just a messagebox...nobody ever rings back.

What have I done to resolve this? Well I called their parent company "Cable & Wireless" and the women on the switchboard said - are you complaining about Bulldog - we get a lot of calls about them....says it all really. Anyway I am intouch with a Director of C&W and I said I am going to Bulldog HQ on Monday to speak to the CEO if they dont sort this out.

My conclusion - they have grown too big for their customer base...and they cant cope.

My advise - DONT SIGN UP OR GO THROUGH THE PAIN I HAVE AND AM STILL GOING THROUGH!!! Dial-up sucks - I am having to use it at the moment.

Sponsored Links
i think bulldog are so bad because they have staff that dont enjoy what they are doing, they just wana go home at 5.30pm and call it a day.

You need people with some initiative down there. We have similar troubles with thier so called 'business' division , same story down there, people that dont have a clue.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules