Sponsored Links

Cabinet full/ we don't serve you issue

Hi all,

It's time to move providers but since we had work down at the local cabinet, they now all claim to be either able to offer but full or not a provider, even though they were before the work.

My question is - is there anywhere I can go to get an answer to who is providing me? I could phone around but don't think they will actually know if 'computer says no'. They could all offer before the work, both having space and also knowing they offered it.

Is there a site that could tell me?

Thanks,

Rob

I'd sit tight, if you try to switch at a time when the cabinet is considered "full" (at max capacity) then you do so at the risk of losing your current connection because somebody else may be waiting in the queue and you'd essentially be put at the back of that line. It's better to give it a few months and see if Openreach resolves the issue or haggle for a lower price with your existing ISP.

You can usually find out if your cabinet is in the 'Waiting List' by doing a phone number or address check here:

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Some more background here:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.p...es-full-capacity-fttc-broadband-cabinets.html

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.p...o-capacity-fttc-fibre-broadband-cabinets.html

Thanks for the links, Mark.

I'm with SKY so the checker doesn't work.

Very frustrating as I walk past my local cabinet everyday and I remember the ground being dug up around the cabinet and even think the cabinet was absent or covered (can't remember) and when they'd finished and redone the pavement, was when I started getting told that I wasn't supplied or the cabinet was full. Might be coincidence.

I'm on ADSL and was looking to upgrade but sky want to charge me more for the basic fibre than their normal pricing!. I could get fibre (if it was available) cheaper than they want to charge for adsl as well.

Thanks for your response.

Rob

Sponsored Links
The checker won't work with Sky if you use a phone number, but the full address checker will work.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules