Sponsored

Cable & Wireless confirms plans of selling Bulldog userbase

TRIaXOR™

ULTIMATE Member
Just got an email from John Pluthero (as did probably all bulldog customers..) stating their plans for us..

John Pluthero said:
Dear Mr. TRIaXOR™,

You may have seen in the national press last weekend coverage of Bulldog’s plan to sell its customer base. The purpose of this letter is to inform you of our intentions and to provide a clearer picture.

Firstly, I can confirm that Cable & Wireless are in discussion with potential purchasers of the Bulldog retail customer base. This move is completely consistent with our announcement on 8th June where we specified that Bulldog was changing its strategy from acquiring new customers in the residential and small business sectors and would, instead, focus on offering a wholesale product to major broadband services providers.

Secondly, until any deal is completed, Bulldog will continue to fully support its customers, retaining all parts of our infrastructure and organisation. This includes functions such as technical support, customer service and billing.

Thirdly, I would like to reassure you that Bulldog is committed to securing a purchaser of the customer base that will continue to provide service to you on our existing network. That way, there will be no disruption or changes to your service. With Bulldog’s state-of-the-art network still providing your service, you’ll certainly be assured of an ongoing, very high standard of delivery.

I shall contact you again when I have more information to share with you. In the meantime we thank you for your continued custom.

Yours sincerely,

John Pluthero
Executive Chairman, UK C&W
well there you have it, so basically 2 weeks after Emanuele Angelidis (Bulldog CEO) sends out his version which is like "nothing is changing for you lot so dont worry" John Pluthero turns round and states, "We're selling you lot off" (not suprised actually) :hrmph:

k993802

Casual Member
Thanks for the post.

I am looking to join Bulldog ASAP (once Silvermead ISP un-mark/tag my phone line!!) - is this likely to be a bad idea considering the recent announcement? Its just that Bulldog offer an excellent BB& phoneline price for unlimited BB usage @ 8mb.

It sounds as though I should really get my skates on and sign up with Bulldog?

paul45

ULTIMATE Member
TRIaXOR,
Don't tell anyone this ;) , but there's a little whisper going around that it's Vodafone they're in discussions with to take over the ISP bit of Bulldog/C&W.

I suspect they may be haggling over how long Vod' would/might be contractually bound to use C&Ws network before they're free to go elsewhere.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2192)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1416)
  7. Business (1236)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1035)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (896)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (516)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules