Sponsored

can someone recommend some good VPN services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob2002

ULTIMATE Member
Generally I use NordVPN, albeit only when away from home and working out of a hotel or while on holiday. Mind you if the IPBill does get passed then I may be tempted to enable VPN for general work at home too because I don't trust the Government to keep such things secure, there have been too many major leaks of personal data.
You can access the NordVPN API using this example, if anybody is interested -

https://bitbucket.org/nordial/nordapi

:)

Bob2002

ULTIMATE Member
Generally I use NordVPN, albeit only when away from home and working out of a hotel or while on holiday. Mind you if the IPBill does get passed then I may be tempted to enable VPN for general work at home too because I don't trust the Government to keep such things secure, there have been too many major leaks of personal data.
I'm not bothered about the security services - if they're investigating terrorism - I am bothered about other government departments not involved in national security.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
the problem is there is a difference between targeted surveillance and overkill.

targeted surveillance puts ppl where they are needed and gathers workable information.. l hate to put it like this but its like a phishing attack.. if your only looking at a specific group and want specific information your more likely to get that back but if you want everything your just going to get allot of crap..

and lets not forget mass surveillance will just mean terrorists using harder to track methods.. so all that will be left are stupid ppl and those of us who speak against the Tories.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
Another spammer with a poor grasp of English; how are things in Shenzhen today?? Ni Hao Ma.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
your post Captain looks strange now the one you are commenting on has gone this thread seems to be attracting spammers.

Last edited:

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
It's like catching fish on a river :), about one a week gets caught on the hook.

Captain_Cretin

ULTIMATE Member
your post Captain looks strange now the one you are commenting on has gone this thread seems to be attracting spammers.
Yeah, sorry.

This thread DOES seem to be a Spam Magnet though, I think there have been more spam posts than genuine ones in here.

This guy was pretty dumb though, a load of failed hyperlinks due to a cut and paste.

HEY MARK!! How about a new thread icon ?? We have different icons for how popular or old threads are, how about a Spam Magnet icon??

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
wont need one any more, l originally started the thread for the reasons originally specified, lve now got a VPN... thought it would be useful for others if left open as there had been useful replies but recently as stated its become a spam magnet.

so its better to leave the useful content and just remove the ability for spammers to hone in on this specific post for spam.

(Thread Closed)

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I've made it a sticky thread too, since it's useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2468)
  2. FTTP (2096)
  3. FTTC (1634)
  4. Building Digital UK (1575)
  5. Openreach (1382)
  6. Politics (1380)
  7. Business (1209)
  8. Statistics (1079)
  9. FTTH (1015)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1009)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (887)
  14. 4G (876)
  15. Virgin Media (843)
  16. Sky Broadband (587)
  17. EE (578)
  18. TalkTalk (566)
  19. Vodafone (498)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules