Sponsored

Cancelling - waiting for the problems to begin

allytta

Hi ya. I'm moving and want to take Be internet in my new flat. I called Virgin Media to cancel 45 days in advance, my contract ended 10 months ago, so no problem there. I was told on the phone that I don't need to write them a letter, just this conversation is enough. I forgot to record it, but even if there's a problem latter I doubt it would have helped. So now my question is - are they ********ting me? I bet if I don't send them a letter immediately (it's 26 days till I move) they will charge me until I do. Any thoughts and experiences? Any info appreciated. (paranoid as friends have cancelled with another ISP a year ago and they are still charging them).

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I didn't write them a letter when I cancelled my broadband to move to ADSL, if you are really worried you can contact them to check if everything is progressing with the cease and iuf they could confirm the account will cease on that date.

allytta

I really hate paying the premium rates, the first class stamp is cheaper. I called them to cancel it was 8min and 3 quid. Ridiculous. Did you switch from Virgin to Virgin? That might explain the lack of problems.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
No changed from Virgin to Aquiss left Virgin due to their involvement with a company called Phorm.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Ally,

If you do run into problems then our new ISP Complaints and Advice section should be able to help:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/new/complain/

In the meantime you should always request to have confirmation, including any dates/times, sent to you in writting. This doesn't have to be by post, an email is good enough, just make sure you keep a printed copy for legal protection. Try sending them an email requesting confirmation.

allytta

Well I have called them and they told me since I called them on the first of June my 30 days notice puts the end to my contract on the 30th of June. I move on the 13 of July though, so that's nice to not have internet (which I'm completely dependant on) for two weeks plus the connection period for my new flat... Their customer service does suck. I don't know how many times I mentioned that I'm moving on the 13th. And they even explained how I'd pay for half of a month in my case... Idiots.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £19.00 (*22.00)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £20.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £21.95 (*38.20)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
  • EE £22.00 (*30.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00 (*47.00)
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £23.00 (*26.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £25.00 (*49.00)
    Speed: 920Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £26.00 (*44.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3766)
  2. BT (3075)
  3. Politics (2006)
  4. Building Digital UK (1961)
  5. FTTC (1903)
  6. Openreach (1888)
  7. Business (1737)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1525)
  9. Statistics (1446)
  10. FTTH (1367)
  11. 4G (1315)
  12. Virgin Media (1221)
  13. Wireless Internet (1192)
  14. Fibre Optic (1191)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1182)
  16. Vodafone (881)
  17. EE (866)
  18. 5G (814)
  19. TalkTalk (795)
  20. Sky Broadband (766)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules