Sponsored

Cannot connect @ 128k

ice9

I just signed up to the Biz unlimited service - sounds like a good deal except - it wont let me connect dual channel mode. 64k - fine, thats what I'm using now. Anyone else had a similar problem?
I am using an Eicon Diva LAN ISDN modem/router, which works perfectly at 128k on another network *cough*PlusNet (admitedly at 0845 rates) which is why I want this account to work. I really do!
Help.

NDO

ISP Rep
Sorry to hear you are having a problem dual bonding.

If you can give us your username and or a contact phone number one of our tech Support guys will give you a call to solve your connection problem.

There is a setting on Terminal Adapters which for some reason prevents dual-bonding from working until this setting is disabled.

Code:
To disable this feature - set [b]BACP to OFF[/b] on the TA
This normally solves the bonding issue - otherwise we need a few more details to check with our logs to find out and solve the problem.

Either give us a call - 0870 200 2230, email or reply on here.

Regards,
NDO

ice9

So are you saying that we cannot use BACP? This is a major issue if true. BACP is a very useful feature of my TA and I have used it successfully with other ISP's.
I have also heard that there are Telco problems: do you only use Mediaways?
<quote>
the MediaWays infratructure has been hit by major technical difficulties for the past few months. 128k connections have been few and far between. We have FRIACO ports with BT and their system, so far, has been perfect. Mediaways on the other hand have their own infrastructure which is the reason for their current problems. We also use Colt who only rely on BT to local exchange level.
</quote>

The above is from another ISP that I have been investigating in case NDO doesn't work out. I need 128k, and I need BACP to work. SO far I have found you 64k service to be very good and I have been able to connect at times which are usually no go zones with PlusNet. I hope you can deliver on the 128.

satross

Casual Member
ice9 said:

<quote>
the MediaWays infratructure has been hit by major technical difficulties for the past few months. 128k connections have been few and far between. We have FRIACO ports with BT and their system, so far, has been perfect. Mediaways on the other hand have their own infrastructure which is the reason for their current problems. We also use Colt who only rely on BT to local exchange level.
</quote>

The above is from another ISP that I have been investigating in case NDO doesn't work out.
That other ISPs ports are not bondable to 128K on their BT ports, don't think Colt can either, beware.

NDO

ISP Rep
Hello ice9

I am not saying you cannot use BACP but it sometimes causes the connection not to bond - it is something we are working to overcome and only seems to effect some users and not all.

If disabling BACP solves the bonding issue then we need to work with you to find a way to resolve the problem to enable you to use 128k and BACP together but we will need some technical details to resolve this.

Try disabling BACP and see if the connection works with 128k; if this is the case and you want to use BACP we do have an alternative dial number which uses different infrastructure which we can give you to try. Please call us if you would like to try this alternative dial number.

Please be aware - if you are after a 128k ISP than anyone using either the BT or energis networks do not support 128k ISDN.

We have many hundreds of users happily connecting at 128k ISDN each and every day without any issues; so we would like to work to resolve this problem for you.

ice9

Well I have tried using straightforward multilink as well and still get the same response. "cannot negotiate IP address using PPP"
Maybe I should try the alternative number?

satross

Casual Member
NDO said:
Please be aware - if you are after a 128k ISP than anyone using either the BT or energis networks do not support 128k ISDN.
Energis used to support 128K, no reason to think why they no longer...

BullDog^uk

is it just me or did i see NDO ask 3 times to supply details or phone number so tech could ring ?

seems there trying the best to solve this but ice9 you need to give some details :rolleyes:

horatioh

ISP Rep
To both satross and the NDO Reps,

I'd be careful what you say with regards to 128k bonding! NDO particularly should know better!!

We (Quik Internet) use three telcos and ALL THREE bond at 128k with both Multilink and BACP.

BT's FRIACO 128k offering has so far proved to be excellent! I've had zero reported problems due to their numbers! Likewise, the BT Surftime product is also 128k and has also had no reported problems.

Colt have always offered 128k via their CVX platform (we've been using them for unmetered for 2 years as a 128k capable telco! and prior to that our 0845 service has been active for 2 years also at 128k!)

Mediaways' platform is also 128k capable but due to technical problems (capacity etc) have struggled. I do have faith that their system will work fine in the weeks to come though.

Sorry to blow steam, but ISPs get enough flack for bending the truth - some of the comments in this thread are simply incorrect.

Regards,

Hayden Yale
Technical Manager
Quik UK

KDS

ULTIMATE Member
horatioh said:
BT's FRIACO 128k offering has so far proved to be excellent! I've had zero reported problems due to their numbers! Likewise, the BT Surftime product is also 128k and has also had no reported problems.
I thought Bt don't support 128k isdn. tats wat I heard from many isps :confused:

horatioh

ISP Rep
We must be using an imposter then. Strange that they should call themselves BT and that they should provide such a good service.

Sarcasm aside, it is a fairly new offering so I guess we could be one of the first ISPs to use it.

Hayden
Quik UK

satross

Casual Member
our BT account managers states that their friaco ports are not bondable, until he tells us otherwise, that's what we will believe.

like i said, i don't "think" colt are bondable, i didn't say they "weren't" bondable.

NDO, this is your forum, i'm bowing out, don't want to tread on your toes.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Onestream £22.49 (*29.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • Vodafone £23.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2768)
  2. FTTP (2746)
  3. FTTC (1783)
  4. Building Digital UK (1740)
  5. Politics (1662)
  6. Openreach (1619)
  7. Business (1429)
  8. FTTH (1340)
  9. Statistics (1240)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1221)
  11. Fibre Optic (1062)
  12. 4G (1052)
  13. Wireless Internet (1020)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1014)
  15. Virgin Media (1004)
  16. EE (696)
  17. Sky Broadband (668)
  18. Vodafone (666)
  19. TalkTalk (661)
  20. 5G (514)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules