Sponsored Links

CF faulty router and no wifi for the past week.

I did, the linksys one you linked yeaterday. It came yesterday and all is working but I still want the one from CF as soon as possible as this is just a weak one at the moment to keep us going. Rang CF today again and they just said the same thing of you have to wait for our team to get back to you on a timeframe but they don’t provide a timeframe at all let alone get back to me.
they will have to give you compensation per day. do check after they send you their router!

Check this guy from Ilford in Facebook Market place. Has several models at decent prices. Claims they are knew and says local delivery it's free. Like I said before once you get the CF one replaced you can have two in a mesh to have wifi reach further in your house.
View attachment 8738View attachment 8739
Thanks greenlantern, I’ve messaged the seller so I’ll see if I can get one this week. It also went on sale on Amazon so not sure if it’s safer to get it on Amazon. I need the AX4200.

Check this guy from Ilford in Facebook Market place. Has several models at decent prices. Claims they are knew and says local delivery it's free. Like I said before once you get the CF one replaced you can have two in a mesh to have wifi reach further in your house.
View attachment 8738View attachment 8739
Hi Greenlantern, just wanted to give an update on how things went with my internet. So I ended up getting the AX4200 from the amazone prime deal and using this as my main node. Of course the next day which was 11th Oct, got an email from dpd with a tracking number for my replacement node coming from CF. Unfortunatly this node was a MX5400 which is a weaker model and apparently are having stock issues with the AX4200. I just used the MX5400 as a child node and everything looks to be working now. I did have some issues where the MX5400 (child node) flashing a red light at times, it has happened more than once. I currently have this MX5400 connected to the parent node wirelessly and have an ethernet going from the MX5400 to my PC, so not sure why the red flashing light happens at times. Apart from that things have been good so far. I hope I they fix their customer service at some point as the communication was very poorly.

Much in the way of walls / distance that could be a problem with wireless comms between your two nodes?

Much in the way of walls / distance that could be a problem with wireless comms between your two nodes?
would flashing the MX5400 to retail firmware make any difference since the parent node (AX4200) is a retail version and not a CF version?

would flashing the MX5400 to retail firmware make any difference since the parent node (AX4200) is a retail version and not a CF version?

No idea, I'm on 2 x AX4200, both CF firmware. I use a separate router tho, these just provide wireless.

Did it work all fine and can CF see it on their end when they search up the serial?
it's only used in mesh, I don't even use the original CF one I have as a router, I use a custom pfsense box with original linksys hanging off a switch.

Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • UtilityWarehouse £19.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • NOW £24.00
    Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00
    Speed 73 - 82Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £24.99
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Zzoomm £19.95
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • YouFibre £19.99
  • Community Fibre £20.00
  • BeFibre £21.00
    Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Sponsored Links
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5390)
  2. BT (3490)
  3. Politics (2494)
  4. Openreach (2275)
  5. Business (2222)
  6. Building Digital UK (2215)
  7. FTTC (2038)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1940)
  9. Statistics (1763)
  10. 4G (1639)
  11. Virgin Media (1591)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1438)
  13. FTTH (1379)
  14. Wireless Internet (1378)
  15. Fibre Optic (1376)
  16. 5G (1215)
  17. Vodafone (1126)
  18. EE (1111)
  19. TalkTalk (927)
  20. O2 (916)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules