Sponsored

Changes to the Enta Packages

Kath

Pro Member
I just got an email from UKFSN, I'm a bit puzzled by it, this was the link I got..

http://www.ukfsn.org/newadslproducts.html

They are not very forthcoming with info, it looks to me like the 300GB off peak has been withdrawn... so does that mean we can only have 30GB/mth and then a charge comes into play?

I never exceed my previous allowance..30GB Peak / 300GB Off Peak, but I would like to know in plain English what this new package allowance is... I really hope it's not 30GB/mth.. but like I said, I never go over that anyway.

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
It's not your reseller thats not forthcoming but Enta itself. Your peak 30gb allowance hours will change from 8am - 10pm to 8am - midnight mon-fri.
Any usage outside these hours ie midnight to 8am mon-fri & all weekend is basically free.
Theres trouble at mill with Enta & It's resellers & you can read all about it on another forum at thinkbroadband or wait till the dust settles & read about the outcome here.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Zag is correct, there's a lot of trouble over at camp Entanet right now, they're trying to balance customer usage with bandwidth costs and not exactly having a good time of it. That’s what happens when you try to market a once highly flexible service based off BT’s more costly platform.

Naturally restrictions frustrate customers and their resellers don’t like changing goalposts either because they have to take the flak from end-users. The short of it is that their old packages are all being phased out in favour of this new model with fewer off-peak hours. It's no biggy if you don't use a lot of data but Entanet has attracted heavy users so there's plenty of unhappy people about.

I was told we'd be informed when a decision was made about the new pricing and usage/hours, which were initially put on hold, although disappointingly that never happened. I guess they weren't too keen to share negative news.

Kath

Pro Member
Thanks for the info guys.

I have no gripe with UKFSN ;)

Jason sent out emails with that link to inform us that the email Enta sent out regarding the changes was inaccurate, but I never got an email from Enta in the first place.

I'll have a nosy at thinkbroadband :)

Kath

Pro Member
Wow, I went to thinkbroadband to check it out, it reminds me of the V21/biscuit/breathe fiasco I went through.

I'm not moving though, I'm quite happy with Enta at the moment, I feel safer with a wholesaler ;)

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
Wow, I went to thinkbroadband to check it out, it reminds me of the V21/biscuit/breathe fiasco I went through.

I'm not moving though, I'm quite happy with Enta at the moment, I feel safer with a wholesaler ;)
I went through the same V21/biscuit/breathe fiasco & then went from frying pan to fire with fast4 :laugh:. Been with my Enta reseller Titan for 16 months & have no plans to jump ship at the moment.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I am with Aquiss who use Entanet I also have no need or wish to jump ship seems the heavy users are the ones jumping ship.

Kath

Pro Member
As long as I can stream iPlayer and other stuff along with the odd download, I'll be happy. :)

I still use P2P & FTP now and then, but not on a regular basis.

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
I went through the same V21/biscuit/breathe fiasco & then went from frying pan to fire with fast4, then moved to entanet reseller Vivaciti 16 months ago and have no plans to leave, but I do know that most of enta's resellers have been looking at other suppliers if things do get really bad.

Kath

Pro Member
I am with Aquiss who use Entanet I also have no need or wish to jump ship seems the heavy users are the ones jumping ship.
I agree Kits, but I think some people just like to have a buffer in case they need it :)

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
With the new packages you can use a lower limit and buy extra GB's which can sit on your account until you used them month after month which is a better idea.

I have noticed with new packages I can drop down one buy a batch of extra which would take months to use up saving me money in the end.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £18.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 30Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Code: HYPER19
  • Vodafone £21.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Amazon Echo Plus
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Gift: None
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2428)
  2. FTTP (2040)
  3. FTTC (1613)
  4. Building Digital UK (1557)
  5. Politics (1355)
  6. Openreach (1352)
  7. Business (1191)
  8. Statistics (1055)
  9. FTTH (988)
  10. Mobile Broadband (984)
  11. Fibre Optic (948)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (891)
  13. Wireless Internet (873)
  14. 4G (858)
  15. Virgin Media (819)
  16. Sky Broadband (577)
  17. EE (564)
  18. TalkTalk (559)
  19. Vodafone (484)
  20. Security (399)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules