Sponsored Links

charged for calls we didnt make

This is what we have sent to Watchdog, your complaints service and Ofcom about NTL who are charging us for calls we didn't make

:mad: :mad:

We had been with NTL for over 5 years when we started to get incorrect bills for calls we hadn't made, and at times we weren't home. NTL were very good at first and accepted it was their mistake and agreed to remove the charges and were going to send us a letter to confirm that. after a few weeks no letter had arrived so i called them to chase it but the lady said they had no record of my call earlier and that our account was still in the red. I hit the roof and demended she get it sorted out and eventually she agreed to get someone to call us back. a week later someone from account control called and left a message for us to call them back on a london based number (yay i thought someone in the uk) but upon calling it just went straight to the Indian call centre i'd dealt with before. they said we still had to pay as they had no proof we hadn't made the calls. We then received debt collection letters from a company called Wescot so we called them to say we didnt owe the money and they promised to pass it back to NTL but they couldn't wipe off the debt. I called NTL to cancel thinking that would make them sort it out but they refused until we'd paid, meaning we'd still be getting charged every month. 2 months later and NTL have cut us off for non-payment and we've had a BT line installed. I've written to watchdog and ofcom and to westcot to make sure everyone is aware of the nightmare we're still having with NTL even after they've cut us off. I hope no one else ends up in this crap situation with them, they really don't care less about customers. :mad: :mad: :mad:

You should ignore Westcot or at least ask them for evidence from NTL that they are authorised to deal with you.

Given the confusion which has arisen already, you don't want to be paying Westcot - NTL will say they have no record!

If you've already overpaid or been made to overpay, you can always sue NTL for a refund. If you've been wrongly blacklisted that's arguably libellous as well.

This happened to my mother all to TV programs that charge 90p plus for the call. She wasn't home for some and in bed for others.

We ended up paying but had them put a block on premium rate calls which solved her having more problems. Personally I bet it was someone using the greenbox to make the calls they only need to have been in the NTL employment at some time to know how to do it that is one theory but my advise is block premium rate call everyone who has a NTL line.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules