Sponsored Links

Cheapest websites to buy computer hardware from?

Im going to build a new PC in 2-3 weeks. I know how to build them ive done 3 in the past, all expensive high-end gaming PC's.

I know of:
dabs.com
overclockers.co.uk
pixmania.co.uk
and a couple of others i cant think of the names.

Usually dabs.com seems to have the cheapest prices for most things, there was a period that they seemed a bit expensive.

Im just curious if anyone knows of other good-cheap UK based websites?

Sponsored Links
From time to time I've also used http://www.pcupgrade.co.uk/ , usually when I can't find a specific motherboard. PC Upgrade always seems to have niche stuff, which comes in handy if you need to upgrade an older system.

I have had serious problems getting refunds for non-working kit from Ebuyer and Pixmania; these days, if I cant get to a Computer Fair, I tend to use Aria or Amazon.

I have had serious problems with SPAM from Pixmania too, once I brought from them they just kept sending me endless spam messages. Removed myself from their mailing lists and website, complained.. but it still came. Took about 10 complaints before the spam stopped.

I would like to know the websites which is famous for computer hardware because i want to buy some computer hardware..

Sponsored Links
lve always found ebuyer to be reasonable, never had any problems with them.. tho novatech and aria have been reasonable in the past, tho their prices rose and ebuyer became more appealing.. tho its always worth a look around.. and personally the three shops l have mentioned are my ports of call for any hardware.

eBuyer and Overclockers.co.uk, though I sometimes check Amazon too just to see what the market prices are. Also it's worth trying Google's shop search, although there's no easy way to filter out results from eBay and others.

Sponsored Links
l must admit on occasion you can find some gems tho on ebay, l acquired 8gb of reasonably spec'd ram as my old DDR 2 developed a fault and l was somewhat skint as that second in time to buy retail stuff, l came out very lucky for £40.

Oh yes definitely, but I just meant that the problem with Google's inclusion of eBay is that they also include all the auction data and products that haven't even been bid on. As a result it ends up looking more like spam than helpful product prices.

tbh, now you say it l can see where your coming from.. tho l dont tend to use google shopping unless lm looking for something that l cant find on my usual sites.

Hello!

I have a major issue with my computer all the data on my PC will be corrupted so how can I recover it. Please suggest me.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
eBuyer and Overclockers.co.uk, though I sometimes check Amazon too just to see what the market prices are. Also it's worth trying Google's shop search, although there's no easy way to filter out results from eBay and others.

Putting -ebay as part of the search string, filters out a lot of Ebay listings, although in theory it should stop them all.

Ebuyer are often the cheapest on my searches, however I have had some appalling customer service from them in the past, and worry how many hoops they will make me jump through if I have any issues with new purchases; this means I only use them if they are really, REALLY cheap compared to other sites.

You cannot really judge a supplier until you need to return something faulty; which happily for me is so rare, I cannot really offer an opinion on any of the other etailers being mentioned.
Even regarding Ebuyer, perhaps they have changed their act, it has been around 8 years since I had a massive issue with them.

Hmm bravo123 just resurrected a 6 year old thread and is posting from an IP address in India, my spammer senses are tingling :) .

Hmm bravo123 just resurrected a 6 year old thread and is posting from an IP address in India, my spammer senses are tingling :) .

OOOPS, sorry, blame my meds; they are making me a bit dopey.

l totally agree XD

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules