Sponsored

Check this out. V21 Resurrection or what?

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
In terms of the dial up package we won't be putting a time limit on it as such but there will be an FUP and this will be confirmed properly during the day tomorrow.

PaulJenkins

They look very robbed to me...... never mind , good luck old V21, new V21 who ever you are, just make your service as good as Fast4's new service.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
New V21's broadband T&Cs are similar, if not identical to Fast4's.

Fast4 T&Cs

New V21 T&Cs

Therefore an "Exit Fee" of £85 for new customers (or £20 for those that migrate in) applies.
Are we going to see the return of the V21 Training Manual :laugh:
Code:
javascript:(function(){document.body.innerHTML=document.body.innerHTML.replace(/<!--/igm,"<b>").replace(/-->/igm,"</b>");})();
Copy the code above and paste it in the address bar and hit return after opening the T&C's link above :)

- 2.9 The Service must be taken in conjunction with the Training Manual. -

kelbag

Are these for real? One hidden part under network abuse which I find interesting

'12. To ensure we offer all our customers the best possible service, we apply the following restrictions. We continuously monitor our networks to ensure that congestion is not occurring. If usage is such that it is significantly affecting service to other users we will instigate congestion control measures. Heavy-usage applications such as continuous Peer-to-Peer (P2P) file sharing, streaming video, binary downloads or other intensive uses accumulating a monthly download in excess of 500G may constitute abuse of the network, although there is NO limit on downloads or any port restrictions or throttling in place. Where the Service has been deemed to have been used inappropriately or to the detriment of the overall Service, we reserve the right to take action against this account.

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
Are these for real? One hidden part under network abuse which I find interesting

'12. To ensure we offer all our customers the best possible service, we apply the following restrictions. We continuously monitor our networks to ensure that congestion is not occurring. If usage is such that it is significantly affecting service to other users we will instigate congestion control measures. Heavy-usage applications such as continuous Peer-to-Peer (P2P) file sharing, streaming video, binary downloads or other intensive uses accumulating a monthly download in excess of 500G may constitute abuse of the network, although there is NO limit on downloads or any port restrictions or throttling in place. Where the Service has been deemed to have been used inappropriately or to the detriment of the overall Service, we reserve the right to take action against this account.
Now thats not bad at all, hell if they adopt that, i might even consider signing up...

Paulplex

ISP Rep
500GB - who'd be able to download that much in a month?!

...and no, thats not a challenge...

Mel

ULTIMATE Member

Oh, I've come across quite a few people, usually ones looking for a new isp (of course :) ) who say they do that and a lot more.

And when Ace Interent offered completely unlimited they claimed to have a couple of users maxing out their 8mbps connection 24/7, downloading 2+ Terabytes a month.

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member

Physically impossible for a 1mb connection, *only just* possible for a 2mb connection, more than possible for a "Max" connection...

The question is, who has 500GB of hard drive space? :rolleyes:

kelbag

Oh, I've come across quite a few people, usually ones looking for a new isp (of course :) ) who say they do that and a lot more.

And when Ace Interent offered completely unlimited they claimed to have a couple of users maxing out their 8mbps connection 24/7, downloading 2+ Terabytes a month.
I can believe it, Talk Talk claimed I was d/ling about 100g a month on a 1gb connection although how i was doing that i could never work out as i worked for 10 hours a day and was asleep for 7 and the pc was switched off during those times. Just glad to get away from them so i didnt argue

kelbag

oops typo, meant 1mb but it freezes when i try to edit it. too many disturbed nights sleep i think

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Physically impossible for a 1mb connection, *only just* possible for a 2mb connection, more than possible for a "Max" connection...

The question is, who has 500GB of hard drive space? :rolleyes:
Someone who buys an extra hardisk every month of course, I've spoken to someone who does that too.:nod:

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
Well while the new V21 are deciding on their new fair use policy, I hope that they take into consideration that a "liberal" fair use policy could be a good selling point.

Nobody wants idiots downloading 24/7 and slowing up the network, but then again even the average user will probably want to download something.

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
Personally I prefer sensible limits and decent speeds.
I've no doubt that really heavy users can have an effect on the rest a network, but I think that most ISPs are more concerned about a heavy downloader being a non-profitable subscriber rather than their damaging effect on the network.

ISP's can expand their networks all they like, but it won't stop them losing money to Mr "500GB a month".

JeffShepherd

Pro Member
since when did a selling Director restarting be a new company. Totaly new people incharge would agree with you but this is not new people in charge.
No kits,

New company - old name and probably new wholesalers (well nor net services anyway) so new packages and new infrastructure = different service.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
No kits,

New company - old name and probably new wholesalers (well nor net services anyway) so new packages and new infrastructure = different service.

Strange how many ISPs using NS never had problems getting MAC codes just certain ones that later was proved to be in debt yet NS gets the bad name.

To be a new company just having a new supplier isn't enough going from what came to light in the sale to biscit V21 was in a lot of debt.

I have some questions that I think should be answered in public for all to see and the only people who can answer it are those who are manipulating these threads who work for fast4/v21/ESP1 Limited.

1. Could you please explain legally how the v21.co.uk is back with them?

2. What happened to v21.co.uk ltd that owned v21.co.uk?

These are important questions due to the amount of people over the past months have been through hell to allow v21 to become debt free also the companies liek BT and Eurisp who lost money trying to keep the customers online.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Your taking people on without having the FUP up?

Thats very dodgy. People dont know the limits they are allowed, or is the 500GB mentioned the limit?

Im tired of people villianising the ones who download large amounts. Granted, there are a lot of people who know they are taking the mickey, but theres plenty who are not.

With more and more legitimate things that take larger amounts of bandwidth, ISPs should be more responsible when shouting out limits (or no limits). Rather than blaming it on 'greedy' customers, simply because they took them at what they advertised.

My view on V21?

Its all a little odd, the botched biscuit sale, the main ones splitting up and creating Fast4 and V21 again.

Perhaps its simply them building up the ISPs again to sell to the highest bidder again. Perhaps not.

Obviously, running ISPs is not as profitable as selling them.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2537)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1677)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1444)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1259)
  8. Statistics (1113)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1059)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (923)
  13. 4G (919)
  14. Wireless Internet (918)
  15. Virgin Media (871)
  16. EE (606)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (535)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules