Sponsored

Check this out. V21 Resurrection or what?

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
No kits,

New company - old name and probably new wholesalers (well nor net services anyway) so new packages and new infrastructure = different service.
I think you'll find it is the same supplier that V21 were moving customers to before they sold lock, stock and biscit barrel.

ManOfMeans

ULTIMATE Member
Strange how many ISPs using NS never had problems getting MAC codes just certain ones that later was proved to be in debt yet NS gets the bad name.

To be a new company just having a new supplier isn't enough going from what came to light in the sale to biscit V21 was in a lot of debt.

I have some questions that I think should be answered in public for all to see and the only people who can answer it are those who are manipulating these threads who work for fast4/v21/ESP1 Limited.

1. Could you please explain legally how the v21.co.uk is back with them?

2. What happened to v21.co.uk ltd that owned v21.co.uk?

These are important questions due to the amount of people over the past months have been through hell to allow v21 to become debt free also the companies liek BT and Eurisp who lost money trying to keep the customers online.

Not only what Kits has said another thing springs to mind is that what legal rights and ties do you have to this trading name?

Also what is the companies position is it the old V21 supplied by different people or is it a whole new company but trying to use the V21 name but well why would any one want to trade under that name if they was not the same people?

I think the good people who was $&%*"$ over by the "old?" V21 deserve some answers!!!!

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
I've no doubt that really heavy users can have an effect on the rest a network, but I think that most ISPs are more concerned about a heavy downloader being a non-profitable subscriber rather than their damaging effect on the network.

ISP's can expand their networks all they like, but it won't stop them losing money to Mr "500GB a month".
If a vISP is charging low prices and offering unlimited then I think it unlikely that they'll be able to afford to pay for enough capacity to keep the speeds up, unless it either limits the more unprofitable users in some way or kicks them off. What has happened in the past with other vISPs is that at some point their wholesaler runs short of spare capacity on their centrals and has to review it's contracts and imposes restrictions or increase prices.

Last edited:

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
I think the good people who was $&%*"$ over by the "old?" V21 deserve some answers!!!!
Yes ManOfMeans you all deserve answers, and I will continue to give answers. When I say answers I don't mean the spin and the lies that were given by the likes of Mr Pratterson. I will do my best along with Steve D and Paul to answer questions as they come up.

You have asked about legal rights, well this is simple the domain name was always in our name and at no point was it in the ownership of Biscit. So yes we have full rights to use the name.

Is this the same company: No, Steve and I created a company called ESP1 Ltd and originally we were doing different projects not at all related to ISP's. However seeing the name has been continually dragged through the mud we felt it would good to re launch what was originally a good brand. Yes it had problems like any ISP but generally it was a good brand. We intend to resurrect that brand so that we can at hold our heads up and be happy with what has been created.

Now sometimes my ex partners and I do go on about Biscit, and do seem bitter. I would suggest to anyone who feels like criticising us for being that way to stop and ask yourself how you would feel if the same happened to you. We spent 6/7 years building up a company to a very reasonable size with a good strong customer base. We then sold this company to someone who paid us nothing for it; and then went on to destroy it by not paying anyone else either. What they did to the users, the creditors (bearing in mind they knew about all of these before buying), and ourselves was absolutely disgusting, and there is no excuse for it. I won't go on anymore about it but I just felt this had to be said.

Kath

Pro Member
Steve Deacon was in my email address book until recently. He helped me out in the times when I needed assistance.

I have no axe to grind with them, my problems started when biscit came onto the scene.

I wish V21 luck :)

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
2. What happened to v21.co.uk ltd that owned v21.co.uk?

These are important questions due to the amount of people over the past months have been through hell to allow v21 to become debt free also the companies liek BT and Eurisp who lost money trying to keep the customers online.
We are not v21.co.uk ltd and have none of the assets of that company. We are not the same company at all; what we do have is the domain name. We have nothing to do with the debacle that was manifested throught the Biscit transition.
and Kits believe me the 3 ex directors are far from debt free thanks to them either.

BTW

Thanks Kath I know Steve will be pleased to hear that :)

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
We are not v21.co.uk ltd and have none of the assets of that company. We are not the same company at all; what we do have is the domain name. We have nothing to do with the debacle that was manifested throught the Biscit transition.
and Kits believe me the 3 ex directors are far from debt free thanks to them either.

BTW

Thanks Kath I know Steve will be pleased to hear that :)
but wasn't V21 sold as V21.co.uk.ltd trading as v21.co.uk?

kelbag

I have to admit I'm tempted, V21's customer service were excellent for me and responded very quickly. Unlike BISCit who rang me a week after I reported a problem. I'll make my mind up once the site is fully running and I have more answers like what the fup will be, the contention ratio, exactly what does 'upto' 8mb mean (is it dependant on the exchange) and what tech support will cost a min.

Agrajag

ULTIMATE Member
Steve Deacon was in my email address book until recently. He helped me out in the times when I needed assistance.

I have no axe to grind with them, my problems started when biscit came onto the scene.

I wish V21 luck :)
Agree 100%, I was with V21 for quite a while, I couldn't comment on the customer services as I never had reason to contact them. Then Biscit took over and ruined everything. (Even then I never spoke to customer services, even though I REALLY REALLY wanted too :laugh: ).

stuartp44

Casual Member
To me this sounds a bit to clear cut, i cant belive that the domain wasnt sold with the company, thats being really stupid ant it yeh have v21 but you cant have the domain, well what did i pay all that money for :S.

JeffShepherd

Pro Member
I hardly had any problems with the old v21, the few that I did have were promptly sorted out, Paul even phoned me once to say a connection problem had been sorted out.

I hope the new v21 has a better billing system though to (hopefully) avoid the old v21s problems.

I was with Fast 4 and then subsequently all the others that took over, I am on dial-up and still get a connection even though I've been disowned by everybody, the connection number is 0809933127 and sometimes 0809933025- I haven't paid anything for this connection since Christmas. SHOULD I BE WORRIED.!! :laugh:

Paulplex

ISP Rep
To me this sounds a bit to clear cut, i cant belive that the domain wasnt sold with the company, thats being really stupid ant it yeh have v21 but you cant have the domain, well what did i pay all that money for :S.
All Biscit cared about was the customers: they weren't interested in the packages or services of V21 - we were present (ex V21 staff) at meetings, where we were advised of the best way to upsell customers to Biscit packages.

Although it was silly of Biscit not to include the domain name in the 'purchase' of the company, I know that this wasn't what they wanted to buy - they were buying the customer base to enable them to have greater buying power with BT and become a big player of their own.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
All Biscit cared about was the customers: they weren't interested in the packages or services of V21 - we were present (ex V21 staff) at meetings, where we were advised of the best way to upsell customers to Biscit packages.

Although it was silly of Biscit not to include the domain name in the 'purchase' of the company, I know that this wasn't what they wanted to buy - they were buying the customer base to enable them to have greater buying power with BT and become a big player of their own.
I certainly wouldn't return to a company that had already sold me on to another company. No matter how many times people say they thought it was for the best it means to those people the customer is a number to be sold on as the bean counter thinks its getting too expensive to continue.. MPO

Mel

ULTIMATE Member

So, they didn't they acquire the rights to the V21 / V21.co.uk LTD trade name either!? Presumably not, as otherwise using the domain name would be trading under a trade mark that would be sold on by the administrator?

butler

ULTIMATE Member
do you ever stop moaning Old dude or should we call you victor meldrew
Interesting post from a first time poster who only joined the board on the day of posting!! if I was a tad bit suspicious I might deduce that this poster might have an alternative identity :eek:

stuartp44

Casual Member
I also agree on kits again, why would "we" want to go back to a company that sold us in the first place, and pratically caused all these problems, you cannot hide behind the fact as they couldnt pay becuase you as a seller should have checked them to make sure they can pay for what they are buying. I really do not understand this at all you said in one of you posts that you was getting a large customer base and so on and so forth, WHY sell in the first place.

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
I also agree on kits again, why would "we" want to go back to a company that sold us in the first place, and pratically caused all these problems, you cannot hide behind the fact as they couldnt pay becuase you as a seller should have checked them to make sure they can pay for what they are buying. I really do not understand this at all you said in one of you posts that you was getting a large customer base and so on and so forth, WHY sell in the first place.
Especially after saying "On 27th September V21.co.uk Ltd declined the offer from Biscit on the basis that it was not in the best interests of its shareholders, customers or indeed staff."

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?id=EEVAFVZuEAwdIiUocb

Unless they were heading for bankrupy or something like that :shrug:

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Interesting post from a first time poster who only joined the board on the day of posting!! if I was a tad bit suspicious I might deduce that this poster might have an alternative identity :eek:
Yes, I was thinking it has a rather pungent odour of sock puppet.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Sorry but to me this whole affair of V21/biscit/fast4 is just getting to much. would be a best seller if it was ever wriitten as a book or even made into a movie. If it goes on long enough could end up the replacment to coronation street. MPO offcourse.

nn everyone.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2243)
  3. FTTC (1670)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1427)
  7. Business (1254)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1098)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1053)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. Wireless Internet (917)
  14. 4G (916)
  15. Virgin Media (867)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (530)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules