Sponsored

Check this out. V21 Resurrection or what?

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Sorry but to me this whole affair of V21/biscit/fast4 is just getting to much. would be a best seller if it was ever wriitten as a book or even made into a movie. If it goes on long enough could end up the replacment to coronation street. MPO offcourse.

nn everyone.
V21 were registered as a book publisher at companies house, perhaps they should publish one :laugh:

zag5

ULTIMATE Member
Sorry but to me this whole affair of V21/biscit/fast4 is just getting to much. would be a best seller if it was ever wriitten as a book or even made into a movie. If it goes on long enough could end up the replacment to coronation street. MPO offcourse.

nn everyone.
Okay then, lets call the book The V21 User Manual.
Any suggestions for the movie title?

TheBestPolicy

Steve and I created a company called ESP1 Ltd and originally we were doing different projects not at all related to ISP's.
Kevin, what is it with you guys? You seem, how shall I put it, obsessed with putting numbers in company names (V21, Fast4, ESP1) :laugh:

PS, I must admit I now worry about "numeraled" ISPs, after the collapse of Cloud9, E7even, Euro1net, Fast24, and V21 (are there any others I've forgotten?).

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
Kevin, what is it with you guys? You seem, how shall I put it, obsessed with putting numbers in company names (V21, Fast4, ESP1) :laugh:
Yes I know what you mean, it wasn't intentional to put a number in the name this time. It's just the way it went really.

In answer to Kits and other people saying they wouldn't return, that's fine; if you are happy where you are now then for me that's great. It means you aren't getting the Biscit treatment anymore. All I would say is when your time is up to move to any ISP, then take a look at us. Hopefully by this time our actions Will have spoken and not our words.

majones

Casual Member
When I think of V21, I think of overcontended ADSL, e-mail servers that don't work, and a company that doesn't pay its bills and goes bust. In other words, I think of a brand to be avoided. Why anyone would consider trading under such a name puzzles me!

I will watch with interest - but without putting any of my hard-earned pounds at risk.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team

PS, I must admit I now worry about "numeraled" ISPs, after the collapse of Cloud9, E7even, Euro1net, Fast24, and V21 (are there any others I've forgotten?).
08002go

TheBestPolicy

Thank you Kits, that was a new one on me :)

Collapsed "numeraled" ISPs: 08002go, Cloud9, E7even, Euro1net, Fast24, and V21 (are there any others?).

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Ahhhh, they must mean the old V21 "Training Manual" you referred to earlier? :laugh:
If V21 or your V21 Visp 'forgot' to send you them, you can still order a subscription for the manual here:- :eek:

https://www.netshopperuk.com/sec/forms/V21/debit.cfm?executive=nsform&mCustomerID=A01903569Y5IN86V15GJ6P3I&mTransactionQueueID=F9409Y5IN8&scheduleOptionID=A0137955XQGYN94X&Custom=v21&SchTrialPeriod=0&SchTrialPrice=0

Hey, if anyone gets a bill from the administrator, perhaps as you paid for them as part of your ISP subscription, you'll be entitled to deduct the value of the manuals if you haven't received them from what you owe! They cost £5 a month and I think were introduced about two and a half years ago, so there's a potential £150 saving!

Last edited:

TheBestPolicy

fao: Kevin

Kevin, what's the connection between NJP/Fast4/V21 and another numeraled company, Pulse8 ?

http://www.pulse8internet.com/index.php?site=p8i&do=development&sub=ecommerce

http://www.njpservices.co.uk/development/ecommerce.asp

from NJP's website:

Do you have something to sell?

Then e-commerce could revolutionise your business.

We have clients who have found totally new markets and massively increased their turnover after pulse8 have developed a bespoke e-commerce solution for them.

Benefits of e-commerce
Easier for you. pulse8 can develop automated systems to reduce your administration time and costs
Easier for buyers. from the comfort of their own home or office potential buyers can easily find the products they want and buy a product immediately if they wish
24 hours a day / 7 days a week. the Internet never sleeps and you will find that UK and International customers will buy products from you outside of normal opening hours
Find new markets. The Internet is global so don't be surprised if you generate interest from some far flung locations in the UK and beyond.

Bespoke Solutions
njp develop systems with your individual needs in mind.

Content Management
njp can make your product database content managed, enabling you to add, amend or delete products whenever you need to.

Integration
We can ensure that your offline and online systems are fully integrated for stock control and client management purposes.

Payment Systems
njp can provide our own secure socket layer (SSL) for secure credit card transactions or can integrate with a wide range of payment providers.

Skip_intro

... I'm glad to hear some praise for the logo - my slow computer rendered that after far too many hours: but Bryce 6 is slow when you've got 150 light sources pointed at your object :laugh:
You may find that you've used 140 lights too many and that Blender would have done it in 1/10th of the time of Bryce...

Kevin_B

ISP Rep
TBH I don't know anything about Pulse8 but interesting to see the 2 links look very similar. So I would assume there must be some form of link between NJP and Pulse8. If there is a link I'll let you know, but I'm not what the connection is. I suspect it's something simple, maybe NJP had their site designed by Pulse8 or the other way round.

In terms of NJP/Fast 4/V21 the link is more a personal one than a business one. We all worked together to create v21.co.uk Ltd originally and obviously worked together for a long time growing the company. NJP and v21 are not the same company and do not have the same owners. However we all help each other out if needed, after all you can't work together for as long as we did and not keep the personal ties.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2246)
  3. FTTC (1671)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1428)
  7. Business (1255)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1101)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1054)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (917)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules