Sponsored Links

China Unicom VN007+ Review

Hello, you can follow these steps to get superadmin access.

You'll have to downgrade your firmware to version 1.10, enable adb, change the superadmin password, and then upgrade to 1.16 again.

You can get ADB here: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

You can get the firmware files from here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p6a12z5mxilbr/Firmware
1. Login to 192.168.0.1 using user:admin password:admin

2. Press f12 on your browser then click console tab.

3. Type

4. Go to "Management" then "Change Username"

5. Select Administrator user

6. Reset new name = root Duplicate New Username = root

7. Go change password, select Administrator user

8. You can change the password to whatever you like.

After that logout, and login again using root, then follow again steps 2 & 3

9. Go to Management > System upgrade > Browse > (Insert firmware) > upload > System upgrade
*you'll have to repeat this process a few times untill you downgrade to firmware version 1.10.23
The sequence of the downgrade as follows:

10. Login to 192.168.0.1 using root

11. Press f12 then click console tab

12. Type

13. Go to Management > ADB Switch then enable (it turns blue when enabled)

14. Open CMD on windows (or your terminal on linux) then cd to the directory of ADB tools. For example:

Then do the following commands:

15. Go to 192.168.0.1 and login as superadmin, using 12345678 as password.

You now have superadmin access.

17. Go to Management > System Upgrade > Upgrade back to 1.15.1, or the most recent version.

I didn't update back to 1.16, there are some people reporting that they lose superadmin access when they update to 1.16, I don't know if that's the case, try it yourself, if you lose your access, just do it all over again.
Thanks for the above steps as that what helped me to quickly get adb access and the root & superadmin passwords for the VN007+ I received yesterday.

However i seem to have an issue that I hope someone more experienced with these routers can advice on -

The router came with firmware version 1.12.5 so after using the steps above I successfully downgraded it to version 1.10.23 (using - X21G_1.10.23_usr_UN2020C_20211116_normal_update.swu) and then gained adb and then set a new root & superadmin password etc.

However on trying to then upgrade (from version 1.10.23) back to the version that was on it when I got the router ie version 1.12.5 (i used this - X21G_1.12.5_IDU_1810_UN2020C_20220222_VN007_1.15UP_update.bin) it didnt work and came up with a message some mistake or similar, in other words the upgrade didnt work, I then tried to upgrade to version 1.15.1 (X21G_1.15.1_IDU_1.10.4_update.bin) and that too failed with similar message. I then tried to upgrade to version 1.13.5 (X21G_1.13.5_usr_UN2020C_20220523_normal_update.swu) and that finally worked.

I then realised that for some reason the router does not seem to want to upgrade to 1.12.5 or 1.15.1 is because those upgrade files type/extension is .bin and the two upgrade file that worked for me have file type/extension .swu.

Is it something I am missing?

2024-03-05_13-24-16.png

Last edited:
I tried, but never got it to work.
However what I managed was to load an esim onto a special sim from esim.me and use that.
so is this esim.me card working reliably in the VN007+ once you set the esim using the esim.me app then?

so is this esim.me card working reliably in the VN007+ once you set the esim using the esim.me app then?
yes, but also check other "esim.me" competitors, which are a bit cheaper.

@Roguee i innych członków, ten wątek jest niezwykle przydatny. Doceń Twój gest udostępnienia informacji.

@KingGGs i @Roguee

Przejrzałem stronę 17 wiele razy. To jest to, co zrozumiałem. Czy zrobiłeś to bezpośrednio, aby uzyskać hasło superadministratora? Moja aktualna wersja to 1.12.8, taka jak Twoja.

Użyj bezpośredniego kabla Ethernet, a nie Wi-Fi
Pobierz wersję 1.10.17 (X21G_1.10.17_185_usr_20211012_update.pac) z https://github.com/mattfaraday/vn007/tree/main/fw/plus
Flash 1.10.17, a następnie przywrócenie ustawień fabrycznych
Na telefonie z Androidem zainstaluj menedżera aap unicom (unicom v1.0.apk) z https://github.com/mattfaraday/vn007/tree/main/android
Podłącz telefon do VN007+ Wi-Fi
Przejdź do menedżera unicom i zaloguj się... Kliknij 3 poziome linie w lewym górnym rogu
Kliknij przełącznik adb i włącz go.
Pobierz adb na laptopa, jeśli nie jest jeszcze zainstalowany.
Otwórz cmd w folderze lokalizacji adb

Wpisz polecenia:

adb połącz 192.168.0.1
powłoka adb
cat /tmp/mdlcfg.sysconfig | grep SYS_SUPER_LOGIN
Spowoduje to wyświetlenie loginu i hasła superadministratora

Teraz zaktualizuj do najnowszego oprogramowania i przywróć ustawienia fabryczne.

Podziel się, jeśli muszę podjąć dodatkowe kroki inne niż powyższe.

Dzięki

The exact same thing happened to me. I also read it on forum and flashed it, resulting in an unusable ZLT X11G Router. I have not been able to recover it yet. Please let me know if you find any solution or the correct firmware. I will update you if I find any way.
I have been working to get zlt x11g to working condition again but no luck. I have tried to reach every firm that produces zlt x11g but none of them helped. If we find a firmware flashable trough spd flash tool we can fix it. I have tried vn007+ version and i can flash succesfully but that doesnt help. If I found any solution i will update you too.

@dabigm and other pros :)

is there any setting to switch on or any way to force Carrier Aggregation on the vn007+ ?

As that the only time my speed goes above 10 Mbps is when i believe it aggregated B20+B1 and also the only time i see it changes from 4G to 4G+ ( yeah, dont have 5G in my area.)

I'm on currently on fw 1.14.0

Thanks (y)

Attachments

• 2024-03-18_16-27-46.png
    2024-03-18_16-27-46.png
    58 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hi to all and HAPPY EASTER

I have this 5G Router since last year but I need help.

My software version is : 2.7.0 as viewed in picture I made now:

I cannot use a SuperAdmin password, I tried to put on the site
tool.zootu.cn without any results, I also added 007 to my IMEI but nothing worked for me.

After, I saw here that someone could receive SMS on the Phone Sim put on the router and this could be important for me cause number is my second phone number that now I'm using also for Internet Data and the Router device is outside so I cannot take the sim out everytime to see if I have some messages stored in.

My questions are:

WHICH Firmware number due I have to use on my router for these reasons.
Could I brick it or not. Please give me an advice for Superadmin or SMS or twice issues.

HAPPY EASTER

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-31 at 11.01.02.jpeg

:( Anyone know what causing this ie the red 'AT' (see attached pic)?

Recently he router seems to be resetting many times a day and that an inconvenience especially when on zoom/slack calls and so i turned off Abnormal restart and now it just shows the red 'AT' and no internet.

The only noteworthy change is that i changed the sim in it from unlimited VOXI sims where i was having no restarts to a Lycamobile unlimited sim.

Any comments or advice please.

Attachments

• Abnormal.PNG
    Abnormal.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi to all and HAPPY EASTER

I have this 5G Router since last year but I need help.

My software version is : 2.7.0 as viewed in picture I made now:

I cannot use a SuperAdmin password, I tried to put on the site
tool.zootu.cn without any results, I also added 007 to my IMEI but nothing worked for me.

After, I saw here that someone could receive SMS on the Phone Sim put on the router and this could be important for me cause number is my second phone number that now I'm using also for Internet Data and the Router device is outside so I cannot take the sim out everytime to see if I have some messages stored in.

My questions are:

WHICH Firmware number due I have to use on my router for these reasons.
Could I brick it or not. Please give me an advice for Superadmin or SMS or twice issues.

HAPPY EASTER

View attachment 12772
Hi,

None of the X21 firmwares are suitable for a X11:

The last known firmware is X21G-21A/X21G_2.6.4_1.11.1_usr_221206_update.bin but there are no changelogs or information.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules