Sponsored Links

City Fibre Rollout Huddersfield using Openreach ducts??

jimrudd

Casual Member
Hello all. I'm eagerly awaiting the rollout of CityFibres' FTTP network in my town and work is progressing well. The next suburb to mine is currently in the process of being done (Almondbury) over the next few weeks.

From looking at one.network maps for the next 3 months there's a lot of telecoms work lined up in my area (Lepton/HD8 0EY) and naturally I thought this was City Fibre but its all BT and when you look at the details, its all about clearing ducts - just wondering whether they are using BT/OR ducts to run the fibre through???

You want to know if BT are using BT/OR ducts to run the fibre? :)

I suspect you wanted to ask if Cityfibre are using BT/OR ducts and the answer is that yes, in some areas where it makes economic sense, then they will do that using the Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA) product. As such duct clearing work can be for other operators too.

You want to know if BT are using BT/OR ducts to run the fibre? :)

I suspect you wanted to ask if Cityfibre are using BT/OR ducts and the answer is that yes, in some areas where it makes economic sense, then they will do that using the Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA) product. As such duct clearing work can be for other operators too.

I've not seen them use the Openreach network at all. Around here anytime they want more coverage they've extended from the old torch network the bought into new ducting and it's all labelled CityFibre.

Sponsored Links
Varies from location to location but they are a customer of PIA and have very much made use of it.

Thanks for the replies. Anyone know if you can port your landline number from Virgin to Vodafone Gigafast/CityFibre??

Good question. I'm not actually sure if they do a VoIP service yet, but I can ask. You could of course port your phone number to another VoIP provider of course.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules