Sponsored Links

CityFibre/Vodafone in MK

I am eagerly awaiting this, does anyone out there know what areas they are trialing in? I have heard stuff about New Bradwell and Stantonbury but its all a bit vague.

You can get a pretty good idea of where's it's being deployed by browsing roadworks.org and looking at the central north and south part of the city, where Cityfibre seem to be quite busy at present. Focus seems to be starting around Water Eaton in the south and Great Linford in the north.

Sponsored Links
I am eagerly awaiting this, does anyone out there know what areas they are trialing in? I have heard stuff about New Bradwell and Stantonbury but its all a bit vague.

Hi, a little late but I believe they were trailing in bradwell. Since then it’s actually gone live in many places as they are rolling it out.

I have a friend in Stantonbury that can get it as I type this. My in-laws can also now get it in Bletchley.

I myself am dying to get this but live in Furzton and have yet to see city fibre make their way over here.

They’re currently just a hop over the H8 in Bletchley at the moment and I’m hoping furzton is next and pretty soon as my current contract with sky is over and I don’t want to lock myself in when gigafast could be around the corner.

Unfortunately city fibre won’t tell any one what their Roll out plan is so we all know roughly when we will get it which I think is a pretty silly thing to do as people like myself waiting are in limbo. I was told by them they wouldn’t disclose this info due to business requirements. I mean cmon! They don’t have any competition in FTTP so I see no reason why they can’t share their plans for roll out.

Hi, a little late but I believe they were trailing in bradwell. Since then it’s actually gone live in many places as they are rolling it out.

I have a friend in Stantonbury that can get it as I type this. My in-laws can also now get it in Bletchley.

I myself am dying to get this but live in Furzton and have yet to see city fibre make their way over here.

They’re currently just a hop over the H8 in Bletchley at the moment and I’m hoping furzton is next and pretty soon as my current contract with sky is over and I don’t want to lock myself in when gigafast could be around the corner.

Unfortunately city fibre won’t tell any one what their Roll out plan is so we all know roughly when we will get it which I think is a pretty silly thing to do as people like myself waiting are in limbo. I was told by them they wouldn’t disclose this info due to business requirements. I mean cmon! They don’t have any competition in FTTP so I see no reason why they can’t share their plans for roll out.

Its in new bradwell (annoyingly at my old house) and bradville right now but not bradwell . Although I dont think its long as the block is surrounded and they have started digging along another side this morning. I suspect it may come in the next 3 months looking at the rate they have ripped through the other places

look for the phone icons

https://roadworks.org/?112490386

Hi, Can anyone give any feedback on how it is working and what sort of speeds they are getting ?
How was the installation experiance painless ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
At present they'll have so few actual customers that it will probably be difficult to find anybody who can answer. However the speedtest data for Vodafone FTTH looks about right so far, although we can only see averages and those will be impacted by people choosing the slower package tiers.

Ok many thanks for the reply!
They are currently installing the purple fibre trunking in the ground in two mile ash area, quite a few small green cabinets are also appearing as well, distribution points i expect!.

Well I have had my port installed since early July now, wont be long until I can place and order now......tick..tock...

Let us known how it goes and take some pictures when it happens as I haven't seen too many of their home installs.

Sponsored Links
this is the internal fibre box from a friends house. There is another Brobox mounted outside, but I have misplaced my image of that

Attachments

• IMG_20190720_165213.jpg
    IMG_20190720_165213.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 124
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules