Sponsored Links

CityFibre's making rapid progress in Leicester

Luqy91

Casual Member
Has anyone from Leicester noticed the increase in activity around the city from the Granemore Group/CityFibre? Don't know for sure, but from my travels around the city I'd say they're making damn good progress. All I'm seeing nowadays are CityFibre poles, cabinets, toby boxes, and trenches with spools of purple conduit everywhere. Thankfully, my area (Evington) is currently being worked on and my street has already been completed, although they did manage to saw right through my electrical supply causing a power cut, but it was resolved sometime in the evening so all was good.

I look forward to switching from Virgin Media to either Zen, Giganet, Vodafone, or any other true fibre service provider I'm currently unaware of that is coming to my area. I'm not switching because of a poor connection (connection in my area is absolutely perfect), or the need for gig speeds, I'll be switching mostly due to costs, because Virgin in comparison is quite expensive.

Knowing CityFibre, it'll probably still be a few months before they actually go live post-build.

Knowing CityFibre, it'll probably still be a few months before they actually go live post-build.
Personally, that's not a problem, because my contract with Virgin Media ends some time in December. According to Gigabit Networks website, CityFibre's infrastructure in my area will be ready for service by November this year, so hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Best way as I'm imagine you're aware of already is to just keep a constant check of https://bidb.uk/ every once in awhile to see how things are moving along.

But like Mark said, don't expect it to go live right away, it can take awhile even if your road was finished months ago.

Best way as I'm imagine you're aware of already is to just keep a constant check of https://bidb.uk/ every once in awhile to see how things are moving along.

But like Mark said, don't expect it to go live right away, it can take awhile even if your road was finished months ago.
I’m not in Leicester, but work for in my street is about to start and most ISP who provide some sort of timeline say they will be live by August at the earliest, so around a month or two between building and going live. Giganet and Runfibre and two of the isps who gave dates (they’re not available nationwide… yet)

I’m not in Leicester, but work for in my street is about to start and most ISP who provide some sort of timeline say they will be live by August at the earliest, so around a month or two between building and going live. Giganet and Runfibre and two of the isps who gave dates (they’re not available nationwide… yet)
Giganet is ready for pre-order in my area from September.

Hopefully they come slightly further out in the county ;)

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules