Sponsored

Cmlink mutch cheaper then EE

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
Pricing is not that impressive and I'd need serious enticement to use ChinaMobile.

Giffgaff 101GB for £20.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
This guy is like one of them walking salesmen but on the internet. I don't want china mobile spying on me and they have fair usage

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
SMARTY quite often have a promotion on for 100GB for £15 and you can make pretty much all of them cheaper with Quidco and topcashback etc

TTJJ

ULTIMATE Member
CMLink, CUniq and CTExcel are just the international brands of China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom respectively that aim to market to Chinese students (their own customers who go abroad for study) and there's not an insignificant amount of them. They allow for the linkage of their home and abroad plans.

Universities get paid a significant amount of money to hand them out to all of the Chinese students on their arrival. They don't really offer the best of service but their primary intention isn't to be competitive with any other UK provider really.

From experience with CM and CU in the UK, the performance isn't that great and I certainly wouldn't be using it as my primary plan..

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
CMLink, CUniq and CTExcel are just the international brands of China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom respectively that aim to market to Chinese students (their own customers who go abroad for study) and there's not an insignificant amount of them. They allow for the linkage of their home and abroad plans.

Universities get paid a significant amount of money to hand them out to all of the Chinese students on their arrival. They don't really offer the best of service but their primary intention isn't to be competitive with any other UK provider really.

From experience with CM and CU in the UK, the performance isn't that great and I certainly wouldn't be using it as my primary plan..
Apparently CUniq recently went under in the UK, they were the only Chinese network that used anything but EE.

TTJJ

ULTIMATE Member
Unicom‘s kind of the awkward one. Mobile is by far the largest MNO, Telecom’s the largest ISP and heavily focus on family bundles where you buy the internet package and you get say 3 or 4 SIMs all sharing a hefty data package along with it. So they cover most of the students who would come and then use CMLink or CTExcel. Then Unicom’s just not really got the customer base to suppose building networks in other countries.

mobilefreak

Pro Member
Did unicom also ha en esims?

And why is ee so expensive then?

JitteryPinger

ULTIMATE Member
Did unicom also ha en esims?

And why is ee so expensive then?

EE isn't expensive, its what it should cost.

It's the others that are cheap and overselling what they have.

Pay EE and you'll get a reliable, invested in network with tons of wiggle room for customers, go elsewhere you hit speed restrictions and various other issues such a congestion and lack of bandwidth.

Adding...

EE has a large UK based customer service with quick dial to resolution times, others are foreign based workers often abused for being cheap to employ and will half the time just do what they find necessary to keep their bosses happy... and their bosses aren't the network.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • NOW £22.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: EASTERSALE
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £26.00 (*29.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*44.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £29.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: EASTERSALE
  • TalkTalk £29.95 (*39.95)
    Speed: 145Mbps, Unlimited
  • Leetline £34.99 - 43.99
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3154)
  2. BT (2907)
  3. FTTC (1843)
  4. Building Digital UK (1842)
  5. Politics (1820)
  6. Openreach (1736)
  7. Business (1576)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1366)
  9. FTTH (1355)
  10. Statistics (1335)
  11. 4G (1175)
  12. Fibre Optic (1121)
  13. Wireless Internet (1097)
  14. Virgin Media (1089)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1086)
  16. EE (775)
  17. Vodafone (767)
  18. TalkTalk (729)
  19. Sky Broadband (711)
  20. 5G (655)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules