contract with a Consumer which is likely to be of material detriment to
the Consumer, the Communications Provider shall:

(a) provide the Consumer with at least one month’s notice of its
intention detailing the proposed modification; and

(b) inform the Consumer of the ability to terminate the contract
without penalty if the proposed modification is not acceptable to
the Consumer.

IveBeenDone4

So, with that is there any chance of a "Public" statement from F4?

Seems it has gone quiet from the other side? No balls? No Backbone? No Broadband!! No Nothing!!! Except a pathetic Internet access speed of a "Dial up modem" - That is not Broadband by any means (>512K = broadband!!)...

I await a response from F4 - giving you yet another chance to "maybe" redeem yourselves...... ...strangely I don't think I will wait.

Capped4

Pro Member
I had a response when I sent a ticket requesting my money back under restitution for material detriment caused by their breaking the above clause................... They cut me off :D

Now back at good speed thanks to adsl24

Capped4

Pro Member
Old 11-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Fast4 ISP Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alared View Post
Thanks everyone

Paulplex
If the package does change will I be given the chance to migrate at no cost because as I mentioned above,I only upgraded to BB last Nov.

I have always been happy with Fast4 but if my contract changes for the worse I would look at other ISP`s.

I'd assume so; certainly this change is to the detriment of some of the Fast4 customer base. I can't confirm that fully unfortunately but I would imagine there would be no cost.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Paulplex
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Paulplex
Visit Paulplex's homepage!
Find all posts by Paulplex
Add Paulplex to Your Buddy List
#57 Report Post
Old 11-02-2008, 10:07 AM

Oh!, this one's good!!!, I don't think the disclaimer will help! - It's about as legally binding as "without prejudice"

Last edited:

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
ppl tried to play the detrimental change to T&Cs before but no one took it further to my knowledge and according to Fast4 regardless you would prolly still be liable..

NewsreadeR

I am not being funny and mean no disrespect.

Obviously with me being on Sky and not Fast4, I just have to laugh at the amount of complaints (Justifiable from what I have read) and then the comments made by reps and then glancingly look to the top of the forum right hand side. How ironic eh?

IveBeenDone4

I know, makes you sick really - Thank god for Adblock Plus (Free for firefox - p.s. is only small as well so you can get it still if "Clamped" at "Dialup" Speeds!!).

Saved me from being sick everytime I open the forum.... ;)

NewsreadeR

Looking at the horror stories on here, I respectfully suggest to Fast4 to employ an extra member of staff, preferably in the Public Relations field. There is just no way that I would even be tempted to sign up to them. Their marketing or feedback could be construed as coming from the same person who posts on behalf of Phorm. And we all know what reputation on the internet they have.

They probably do not even know the impact of the poor responses to questions or even more importantly the potential loss of revenue from anyone just browsing or collating information, in a view to sign up to them.

I slated Plusnet in the past for their underhanded, secret beta-testing like treatment of a paying customer. At least Plusnet have changed and can brag about it.

I would love to see how Fast 4 can even proclaim to have changed or even think of challenging myself to see how they have changed.

Over the last few months my view from reading on here is that they are getting progressively worse, at a rate of speed even Lewis Hamilton would be envious of.

Last edited:

5atan

ppl tried to play the detrimental change to T&Cs before but no one took it further to my knowledge and according to Fast4 regardless you would prolly still be liable..
I am pursuing this and claiming compensation both for myself and a friend who is also leaving fast4 and DO NOT intend to stop until refunds are given
I have applied to CISAS, my complaints go back to October so need no deadlock letter.
I will also demand/pursue this to get a deadlock letter to also file this on behalf of my friend to CISAS

So that is at least two people

Thanks for the pointer

Capped4

Pro Member
From the pdf:

9.3 Where the Communications Provider intends to modify a condition in a
contract with a Consumer which is likely to be of material detriment to
the Consumer, the Communications Provider shall:

(a) provide the Consumer with at least one month’s notice of its
intention detailing the proposed modification; and

(b) inform the Consumer of the ability to terminate the contract
without penalty if the proposed modification is not acceptable to
the Consumer.
Thanks for the insert, Spasmj
I posted the previous thread reply to illustrate that fast4 were aware of the detrimental loss that brings into play subsection 9.3

They have reacted as if the "and" in the end of paragraph (a) had been replaced with "or". It is obvious that they knew to apply the free cancellation option but chose not to institute the STATUTORY timeframe.

For those who have tried the detrimental loss route, try again armed with this knowledge ( if you have not already) as I have a feeling Fast4 have previously fobbed you off by quoting their version of the truth which has no basis in reality! Bolster up the ammo and fire again!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2533)
  2. FTTP (2255)
  3. FTTC (1676)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1444)
  6. Openreach (1432)
  7. Business (1258)
  8. Statistics (1110)
  9. FTTH (1106)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1056)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (918)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (602)
  17. Sky Broadband (601)
  18. TalkTalk (586)
  19. Vodafone (532)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules