Sponsored Links

Community Fibre installed today but not working

Had a horrible experience.
Booked an appointment for the 9th of November and they came to install it.
Had no internet for 4 days and was told it’s an issue with the telephone pole.
I called every day during those 4 days and on the 4th day I was told my equipment wasn’t activated. They activated it and I had a live connection for a whole 2 days.
They sent an engineer, I guess they didn’t communicate with the engineer team that it’s been fixed. The engineers disconnected me and I had no internet for another 7 days.
Yesterday another engineer came and fixed the issue the first team created.
Called up today for compensation and they offered me £21. Wasn’t that happy with that so they increased it to £42, still wasn’t happy but accepted it.

Just hope no more engineers come due to lack of communication between teams/ departments.

Other than that the speed is amazing and price is great too

Already posted this on another thread but was meant to post it on this one
i had similar experience... if it works its perfect.. if there is a problem... its like a dysfunctional nursery ...

Indeed see how the Community Fibre TrustPilot reviews started to go down. There is a 1% move from 5 star to 1 star between April 2023 and Nov 2023 this year.

1700778579220.png

To be fair, the installers were excellent and that install experience and initial service is what dominates the Trustpilot reviews.

What is less good is fault (individuals) and incident (widespread) handling and Community Fibre are not unique in having problems in these areas.

My particular complaint is the lack of information on current incidents. It would save using Downdetector if Community Fibre had somewhere you could look if the Internet seems broken.

Should check out their Twitter account and click on replies, it's like a sea of people @'ing them with complaints.

The most common ones I see are about the internet being down for days to weeks without repair or information being provided by CF to the customer and engineers missing their scheduled appointments (for both new installs and repairs).

Now of course people who have no problems aren't going to contact them on Twitter so it's not a realistic snapshot of them as a company but it does illustrate the specific pain points customers are encountering when they do have a problem. A lot of them appear to reach out on Twitter as a last resort when getting nowhere with their phone support for example.

Certainly, things they need to work on if they want to maintain their trust pilot score.

Hi all,

Had my installation done today.
The guy was really good but there was an issue with the signal from the telephone pole fluctuating up and down.
He tried multiple ports but they were all fluctuating.
He stayed for an extra hour trying to resolve it and calling the office for them to check. Still no luck.

He told me within 48hours it should work/ someone will call me but if I wanted I can call later today.

I’ve attached a picture of the led lights from both boxes.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if there’s anything I can do to resolve it myself?
Already tried turning it off and on 🤣

Thanks
Did you manage to get it all up and running ? And how long did it take?.

I've just got my service installed today and having the exact same issue.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would always have an overlap with my previous provider when getting new connectivity in if possible. With virgin I stuck cf on the same lan and switched the default gateway

Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • UtilityWarehouse £19.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • NOW £23.00
    Speed 63Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £24.00
    Speed 73 - 82Mbps, Unlimited
  • Shell Energy £24.99
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Zzoomm £19.95
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • YouFibre £19.99
  • Community Fibre £20.00
  • BeFibre £21.00
    Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Sponsored Links
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5385)
  2. BT (3490)
  3. Politics (2494)
  4. Openreach (2275)
  5. Business (2221)
  6. Building Digital UK (2215)
  7. FTTC (2038)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1940)
  9. Statistics (1763)
  10. 4G (1639)
  11. Virgin Media (1589)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1438)
  13. FTTH (1379)
  14. Wireless Internet (1378)
  15. Fibre Optic (1375)
  16. 5G (1215)
  17. Vodafone (1126)
  18. EE (1111)
  19. TalkTalk (927)
  20. O2 (914)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules