Sponsored Links

comodo and wireless

i recently installed comdo firewall thinking it was safer than windows xp firewall but after 1week i was getting trouble connecting to my wireless network was getting limited or no connection message. uninstalled and reinstaled wireless adaptor drivers and this seemed to work for 24 hours made no difference when attached router with wlan cable uninstalled comdo and all is well has anybody else had this problem

i know comodo was probably a bit of over kill with xp firewall and the router firewall but i thought it was better to be safe than sorry

Well, Norton Internet Security migyt be messing me around in the 2007 version with Windows File Sharing Access, as I have sorted one computer with the problem, but the other on a wireless connection, the problem simply won't go away which is exceeidingly annoying especially when the irpstack option which fixed it on one machine won't on another, anyone for advice on this as well, as I can't seem to fix it and it is really annoying me.

Nope i use comodo and wireless all the time and its great.

If its causing you problems then use Kerio (which actually causes me problems which is why i use Comodo:))

Sponsored Links
ive been using comodo for about 2 weeks it was still in learning mode but twice within 3 days it dropped my adsl first-time it wouldnt give connection on start-up but second time was wilst in the midst of a download and system had been running overnight. as soon as i deleted comodo connection was as strong as ever

Sponsored Links
it seems i am not alone several users are having problems obtaining ip address and sudden disconection after around 6-8 hours will try out some of the sujested fixes but it seems to work for some and not others at present have went back to windows xp firewall with router firewall.

ok went to the comodo forum which advised users to setup a trusted network within comodo settings

so i have reinstalled comodo and setup my wireless network as a default safe network and will monitor progress.. hope this works as i like comodo from what i have seen of its abilities sofar

fingers crossed

I think most firewalls advise that anything down from your router should be set up as a trusted network. I used ZoneAlarm before (until version 7 decided to interrupt connections between my router and PC) and their wizard put home networks in the trusted zone. In fact I still have ZA on my laptop but Comodo on the desktop, which is the hub, and can still use the laptop over the wireless link.
Whispers: I did reinstall Windows on the desktop recently amd spent at least an hour turning off one or both machines until they finally recognized each other. But that's probably just Windows...:shrug:

Sponsored Links
update

setting the router connection as trusted connection worked a treat,

last week comodo suddenly stopped access to msn messenger and msn live but again set as trusted and working fine

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules