Sponsored

compression on 128k?

stu

Casual Member
hi
just joinded ndo and i must say im less then impressed so far speed is slow phoned tech support 25 mins and nothing has changed i did ask if there was compression on 128k as there is on 64k and didnt get a stright answer?so is there!!!! if there is it wont verfy me at all
i know there is a rep guy here so maybe i will have a better answer the i did with the tech support

thanks
stu:(

NDO

ISP Rep
Hi Stu,

Apologies that you haven’t had the response you wanted from our support team, could you please tell me what number you dialled and who you spoke to and your call reference number. So that we can investigate as to why they didn’t answer your question.

Ndo supports software compression 0808 and 0845 dial access, see below thread.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php?threadid=9572

Kind Regards
John @ Ndo

stu

Casual Member
hi ndo
sorry cant remeber who i spoke too and i wasnt given any ref number
the numbers ive tried without success is 0808 ***6474=result 64k no problem a bit slow+128k no compression takes for ever to verify and when it does no compression.it verify's me quick if i untick enable compression!!..and the other number 1869******474 is rubbish on 64k and the same as the other number on 128k no compression
any help would be great this is starting to stress me out!!i got isdn to have a bit faster internet and too be honest it's worse the 56k!!
download speed on 128k are only between 7-10kbps the old isp i was with i was getting a 15kbps most of the time.the only reason i left is because ndo was ment to be better and a bit cheaper as well!

thanks for any help here much needed!!

stu

NDO

ISP Rep
Hello

By phone number did you call 0870 200 2230 for Technical Support...?
It can help us to track down your call and aproximate time of calling.

Thanks for your detailed information regarding your issue...

Which compression method are you using STAC or the microsoft Software compression?

We are looking into what could be causing the issue for you at the moment.

Many thanks
Doug @ NDO

stu

Casual Member
hi
yes i phoned that number on sat/sun about 3pm the person i spoke to said he would get back to me(fraid he didnt:( )
i think the compression is microsoft on the status it says MPPC can i change to stac? just tried the 1869 number(0.30wed)speed is better on 128k but could be time of night im using it(still no compression though!!)

thankyou

stu

edger

Pro Member
Stu,
128k Software compression isnt working for me either, and hasn't since the start. Same problems as you. It's not a particuar problem for me anyway because I nearly always use 64k (which software compression works on) - except when downloading large files which are always heavily compressed anyway (and this s/ware compression makes no differnce). In either case I get the standard 128k 14.5k a sec on my 128k downloads.
Regards,
edger

NDO

ISP Rep
Hello

STAC compression is supported on both 64k and 128k ISDN; the Microsoft Compression does not currently work with the 128k ISDN this is due to the standard being implemented between Microsoft and Cisco hardware and not all of our ISDN racks use Cisco hardware.

If you can change to using STAC for compression (normally a config change on the modem/router) you should find this works...

Let us know and we can give you a call for guidance if you need it.

edger

Pro Member
NDO, I think most ppl are using the asuscom / diva internal PCI isdn cards, how do u enable stac on these?

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Onestream £22.49 (*29.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • Vodafone £23.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2768)
  2. FTTP (2746)
  3. FTTC (1783)
  4. Building Digital UK (1740)
  5. Politics (1662)
  6. Openreach (1619)
  7. Business (1429)
  8. FTTH (1340)
  9. Statistics (1240)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1221)
  11. Fibre Optic (1062)
  12. 4G (1052)
  13. Wireless Internet (1020)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1014)
  15. Virgin Media (1004)
  16. EE (696)
  17. Sky Broadband (668)
  18. Vodafone (666)
  19. TalkTalk (661)
  20. 5G (514)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules