Sponsored Links

Connected through Sky @ 14052 kbps

yeah migration failed as mac code from bt was invalid.. and i cant get hold of them till monday/tuesday due to the hols..

well thats good for bt considering its for them that the mac code is issued

sky can usually start processing contract without mac code to given at a latter date as it was an option when i went to sky.com, surely they could have contacted u and asked for a new mac code

yeah migration failed as mac code from bt was invalid.. and i cant get hold of them till monday/tuesday due to the hols..

Did you copy and paste the MAC key into the order or retyped it?

Sometimes it is easy to mistake a 0 for an o

they took it over the phone. and my mac code was given to me by the ofcom team over the phone..
ill get them to email it to me.
when they get back off their hols:hrmph:

So it might not be BT, but the Sky salesman miskeying your MAC code into their system?

Or did you get Sky to check it after the order failed.

it was BT they gave me the wrong mac code, rang up this morning and got it mailed to me, it was different to what they said over the phone. so i rang up and asked again and apparently they generated 2 mac codes, which im told is wrong., but at least 1 worked.

so i should be with sky within a week,

good news is i just found out 15 mins ago a bloke i play eve with is one of the people working in T3 department of sky's Internet techie support:) and hes been telling me LOTS!:)

yay finally my line goes active on the 3/4/08

well done for getting that little mess sorted

my line active 31/3/08, hope all goes well for both of us see you soon on sky bb

nice one. post your speedtest after yous goes active.
my m8 who is a t3 sky techie says hes got the wee program to get the username and pw info off the new black routers.. ill post if its true at a later date. and bug him for a copy:)

try the www.skyuser.co.uk forum its got lots of posts regarding v2 router and getting username and passwords with and without having to flash the router which can sometimes render the router useless

remember sky t & c's require use of sky routers and they do threaten termination if they feel the need for not using skybox but many do use own equipment and sky dont give assistance in times of need

i'm going to use skybox to see how it goes if ok then will only use old router in times of skybox malfunction whilst awaiting replacment

3 days and counting

just got in from work 5pm tried eclipse with normal router unable to connect

plugged sky router into lan cable for intial set-up above speed test after 15 minutes well you could knock me down with a duster not bad for first connection assume it will increase as the days go on

it does as it says on the tin tk-421

old upto 8 mb connections would only give 2 -2.5mb so 7mb is supa dupa router status page shows 8mb connection hopefully get this upto 16mb after initial testing period

speedtest.net have not adjusted for bst shows time 1 hour behind

Last edited:
Your upload speed is very low if you are on Sky's max (£10 per month) product, my upstream sync rate is 768 kbps when my line is behaving itself.

You should get full speed from day 1, there's none of BT's "clever" training period stuff on Sky LLU, just a fixed 7db target margin.

What's your actual sync rates and noise margins etc.

Router StatisticsSystem Up Time: 22:05:23

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN PPPoA 7657 11671 0 59 527 07:53:42
LAN 100M/Full 9399 0 0 15 0 22:05:19
WLAN 11M/54M 2142839 2724594 0 16468 38117 17:55:34
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8160 kbps 768 kbps
Line Attenuation 25 db 7 db
Noise Margin 11 db 14 db

figures from router stats at 4:15 pm today
only connexted at 8mb not 16 mb as promised for skymax

You ought to be on ADSL2+ with those stats <Mel turns green with envy ;) >

I thing the low US rate might be down to the Speed tester, try http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/ instead.

Before trying to get an upgrade, if you are not using a central filter at the master socket to filter your extensions, then it might be a good idea to disconnect the ringwire if you haven't done so already to try to minimise the error rates.

been onto sky nice irish girl couldnt get dsl figures so she got an engineer to check the line settings they say bt advised them that 2 or 2.5 meg was the highest line could handle so, on that advise sky connected me at 8meg, but engineer said line is very stable with no errors at well above 2meg, i said i had done several speed test and was getting 3meg lowest upto 7.2 meg highest over past 24 hours

they recommended me to contact bt to get them to confirm line could handle higher speeds

they are happy that line is very stable at 8mb

where do i go now

broadbandmax speedtest gives upload as 451

I doubt BT will do anything, your best bet is to have a word with Triaxor, as I think he was originally put on adsl1 too.

thanks for the help mel

just sent an email request to sky asking that i should put onto adsl2+ for a test period if line is unstable then i can be downgraded but i would like the chance to see if i can get better

i know i wont get 16 meg but 10,12 or even close to 14 mb would be nice

dont think ill get anywhere with BT they will stick to their guns regarding line recommendations

various people on this forum and skyuser form have said that my stats should give nearer 14mb

wish me luck with sky

I doubt BT will do anything, your best bet is to have a word with Triaxor, as I think he was originally put on adsl1 too.

Yup I was, so I phoned Sky telling them that I was on the wrong profile that I should have been put on G992.5 (ADSL2+) and that I was on G.DMT (ADSL1)

Problem is that they had to go through the script, 1st check filters etc.. I was like originally 'Why? the problem is at your end' but best to go though it as then they will open a ticket with tier 3 and they should have your speed upped within 5 days.

Good luck :nod:

Router StatisticsSystem Up Time: 22:05:23

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN PPPoA 7657 11671 0 59 527 07:53:42
LAN 100M/Full 9399 0 0 15 0 22:05:19
WLAN 11M/54M 2142839 2724594 0 16468 38117 17:55:34
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8160 kbps 768 kbps
Line Attenuation 25 db 7 db
Noise Margin 11 db 14 db

figures from router stats at 4:15 pm today
only connexted at 8mb not 16 mb as promised for skymax

Line is noisy for what I can see, the Attenuation is excellent both ways but the SNR (Noise Margin) down is lower than it should be (check extensions etc..) if you can get that SNR to about 15-18dB you could be looking at a strong 16Mb connection (SNR will drop to around 7dB on ADSL2+ at 16Mb)

Good Luck. :nod:

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules