Sponsored

Connection interruptions (CI's)!!! :((

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
Right where do I start...

Well first of all I play a lot of online gaming (Delta Force) and for the last 3 weeks now I constantly get a Connection interruptions (CI's) which last 5 seconds every 50-60 seconds I dont actually get cut-off the connection resumes after this CI, this makes online gaming impossible, I first called NDO a week ago and spoke with Tim (nice guy) and told him that I have had this problem for a few weeks now, so he told me he would escalate it to Mediaways (I think that was the name) and told me the reply could take 24hrs, so I call back 2 days later and spoke with Tim again and he remebered my problem and said that he had only 1 reply from them saying that the investigation was still going on, he checked something and came back to me and told me that BT was doing some work on an exchange about 80 miles away from me and said this might be what the problem is, so I patiently wait for a call back from Tim which was promised the next day and nothing which should of been on Thursday or Friday and its now Monday. Incase this is lack of communication on the telephone call between us (just incase he never said he would call me back) I called today 3 times, last about 30 mins between them and I was on hold for the whole time being told from the beggining of the call I was FIRST, so that obviously made me wait longer the first time I called, the 3rd time I called I had a brain wave. "If I am first on all of these 3 calls I have made over a period of 2-3 hours, then something not right... it's a bank holiday today! So is that why no one is answering the phone on the other end???, nobody working?" So if this is the case then why not have a recorded message saying that the office is closed??? And if this is right then you are ripping people off by letting them call a 0870# (National rate) which means you make money out of that call :mad:

However before I called your support team I dialed your 0845# and a diffrent ISP 0845# and they worked fine, I also phoned BT and they checked my line and also everything was ok, so calling you was last resort. I have emailed you 3 times re this over the last few weeks (before I called the helpdesk) and have had no reply.

Not looking good NDO please help as my frustration is in tatters!:shrug:

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
I also dialed the 2nd freephone No# you have and it didn't work either, also the settings and the software compression and everthing has been checked.

NDO

ISP Rep
Dear CRONIK

I am sorry you are having problems getting through on our phones today; as you point out it is a Bank Holiday snd although we do operate and are available for Technical Support 24 hours a day; 7 days a week - we are running with a smaller staff than usual today.

If you phone our main office number - 0870 200 2210; there is a recorded message on this number and it also give you a number to call for Technical Support: 0870 166 5555 - please note this is our out of hours number and we are in the process of phasing this number and relacing it with our daytime 0870 200 2230 number; which will then work 24 hours.

The 0870 200 2230 number should however have still redirected you to our out of hours team.

Tim is unavailable today as he is on holiday however he will be in the office tomorrow from 10:30am and will definately give you a call tomorrow morning to discuss your problem.

I can assure you we are working to have this problem resolved for you and will contact you regarding this as soon as we here more.

The reason the 0845 number would work is because this uses a different platform - phone lines; modem racks and other equipment to the 0808 number; and so therefore routes differently across the BT network.

I can understand your frustration and do symphasise with you; we have not had this problem reported for any other users so this leads to a few more likely local problems.

If we do not have the details already, can you please send an email to 3rdline@ndo.com with your hardware make and model and also your telephone number; so we can see if it could also be a hardware conflict between your modem and our dial equipment on the 0808 number and also to hopefully eliminate any routing issues.

Again please accept my apologies regarding this matter and can assure you it is being investigated at the moment.

Best wishes

Doug @ NDO

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
Thanks for the reply Doug;

By sending that email of my hardware I assume you mean my BT ISDN modem or my pc specification?

CRONIK

ULTIMATE Member
Email sent with the info requested to 3rdline@ndo.com also sent a copy of the email to Tim who called me this afternoon, he has sent another email to Mediaways and will call me back this evening.

Thanks

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.49 (*29.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*36.52)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £55 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (2811)
  2. BT (2790)
  3. FTTC (1790)
  4. Building Digital UK (1758)
  5. Politics (1687)
  6. Openreach (1640)
  7. Business (1454)
  8. FTTH (1341)
  9. Statistics (1250)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1246)
  11. 4G (1075)
  12. Fibre Optic (1071)
  13. Wireless Internet (1034)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1028)
  15. Virgin Media (1014)
  16. EE (707)
  17. Vodafone (679)
  18. Sky Broadband (672)
  19. TalkTalk (671)
  20. 5G (531)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules