Sponsored

Connection Problems

Banger

Top Member
Anyone else having connection problems? I get kicked off every now and again. The connection disappears, data flow stops, get booted off and when I try to re-connect I get the number not recognised tones. If I reconnect after about 5 minutes all is ok. :confused:

Vispa

ISP Rep
Banger what do you get if you dial the number from a normal phone? If you get modems, then your looking at a modem/authenication issue...if it's engaged or number unknown, you need to inform Clara and BT who should be able to solve this (i hope).

If you using Windows XP, LCP extentions being ticked can cause quite a few problems on 0808 serices, so might be worth switching it off.

Martin

Erwlas

Pro Member
Banger,

I've had the odd 'line failed' message coming up too (WinXP Pro) on the 138127 number with ISDN. When dialling back in the connection doesn't go through. On dialling the line via a standard phone I get there is a fault and the three tone sound.

I have to say these were more frequent last week, things have settled down a bit in the last few days.

Regards

Erwlas

Banger

Top Member
Aha well I've cancelled my account (to run out 15/6/03) so will try another ISP for a while and see how it goes, been fine up till now, still maybe I will come back.

Erwlas

Pro Member
Hi Banger,

Gotta stick up for clara here :)
Very few problems in the 6 months I've been with them. The odd pop3 problem, but what makes me stay (at least until the end of June when my 1mb Nildram ADSL arrives :cool: ) is compression supported on the 138127 number. This is the only ISP I can use with multiplay Battlefield 1942, bandwith runs out of steam with the friaco numbers with other isp's and of course the absence of 2hr disconnect is a god send. I'm looking at upgrading to FTAT5 business for the rest of the month because I'm running out of hours.

Hope you find something that meets your requirements Banger :)

Regards
Erwlas

Banger

Top Member
Hi Erwlas, I use the Kingston number too but its this number that has been disappearing the last week or so. I used to be with Fast24 and am going to try them again for a month or so as they are the same price as the FTAT5 which I'm on now with a 12 hour absolute cut off and compression too, but the max use is only 300 hours.

Last edited:

maybemaybe

I also have been tearing hair out with data flow loss, dropped connections etc etc and the 138127 has been particularly bad. Even connected @ 9.6bps once!!! Hope it sorts otherwise I shall have to complain as it has all been eating into my 120hr allowance!

And typical that it should happen exactly after I recommended Clara to my neighbour :eek: !

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2300)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1462)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1131)
  9. Statistics (1119)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1070)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Wireless Internet (932)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (931)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules