Sponsored

Could some one tell me..

PCR

ULTIMATE Member
Why i cant cancel my f4 account through the member section of the site ? I get a message saying i am 'in contract' until 11th april, and it wont let me cancel ? I am guessing this is because i kicked up a fuss about my connection being 'congestion controlled' the other day (like others), and asked for it to be restored. I got a message saying it had been restored, but there was no mention of a 'new' contract starting, so i guess that is what happened ?

Any ideas what position i am in with this ?

I had planned on leaving tonight/tommorow, and going through the process. Apart from the problems, package changes etc, my main reason for changing is more than just this, and i could really do with sorting it out.

IveBeenDone4

Hi,

Wow, this is a new tactic by our friends at F4 - not seen this one before (honestly).

Are you relatively new to F4? - All I can suggest is to check your T&C's to see what that is all about.

If you find nothing about terminating your agreement, then post a ticket to them to see what can be done (I imagine you have a minimum term before you can cancel).

That's the best I can suggest.

Good Luck Anyhow.

PCR

ULTIMATE Member
Ive been with them over a year now.

after they sent the emails to everyone the other day saying they were putting everyone on congestion control unti they chose a new package, i made a couple of tickets complaining about things, to which i was told to pick a new package. i continued to complain stating i just required my speed putting back, and that i was happy with the 15gig limit and could cope with it. i then was told it was restored, with no mention of a new months contract, or that id be 'stopped' from cancelling for another month. this is really awkward for me at the moment as i had plans that need putting into action, and cancelling f4 was part of this. Ive sent a ticket saying i didnt expect to get a new contract, all i asked was my speed restored to the previous 15gig limit added to our accounts. No mention of a new months contract.

PCR

ULTIMATE Member
infact, i thought you could cancel at anytime whatsoever ? before all the changes, and i would have though since then also.

IveBeenDone4

Did you agree to one of the new packages, or did they automatically put you on a package appropriate to your usage?

If you selected a package, sounds like you may have inadvertantly accepted the T&C for that package.

If they selected the package, sounds like you have a case to argue - but I understand you have a period to contact them to discuss this (according to the email).

Hope it helps.

PCR

ULTIMATE Member
yeah i never selected a package. all i did was complain about the unfair treatment of loyal customers etc, and that all i required was my speed back to normal, and i was fine with 15 gig limit. i then got a simple message stating my service was restored and my limit at what it was prior to the CC put into place. i havent agreed to anything, which ive stated in my ticket to them.

reason i need to go is, away from my main isp thing, i currently need to purchase webspace and other such things. but im not quite rich enough to do my isp AND webspace etc. so my solution was to change isp to one that gives lots of extras (such as titan), and that would sort me out. if i hadnt needed all this extra stuff i may have just stayed with f4 abit longer, but i really need to actually go now! lol

IveBeenDone4

Could possibly be that since they changed customers to the "8MB BB (Congestion Ctrl)" (Bed & Breakfast) tarrif the system may have automatically applied a 1 month no cancellation period.

Now, I'm only guessing - but could be the case, they have had a number of issues/errors (that's what they call them) - I call it bad programming.

Or maybe the small 1% of us is a bit more than 1% and they are trying to "Hold" onto you.

You could send a ticket for a MAC code (maybe jump ship and then proceed to cancel), advise them they won't allow you to cancel - follow the complaints procedure for NJP services.

Looks nasty though, Tip of advice for ya - use your MAC code before completing cancellation (you have been warned!).

PCR

ULTIMATE Member
So receive the mac code through tickets, but use the mac code before cancelling the account through the member page ?

ive sent a ticket i expect will be answered first thing anyhow, and i hope this is just some error or something, as you say, possibly it automatically did that.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2250)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1055)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (868)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (531)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules