Sponsored Links

Crap wanapoo

Well ive been a freeserve/wanadoo user for years but over last few month service as gone downhill. I'm on Anytime 14.99 but the conection speeds of late have gone crap ( servers to busy i think , but only a guess ) . Well i thought it time to end my account to leave dear old wanapoo behind. But having spent 30 minutes on hold listening to some bint tell me for god knows how many times how important i am as a customer , so important they dont answer the phone i might add , mind you at 0870 rate guess they figer to screw customers for all they can before they leave. And at 10pm the service ends so i was cutoff ( but not till id been waiting for 30 mins just to be ignored )

With customer service like that its time they went to the wall..........

Jim@inhidding

:crap:

I'm on Wanadoo Anytime too, have been for years now. The service for me when it was freeserve was always decent, but it got better when Wanadoo took over. However, I must admit recently the service has gone down abit, the connection keeps dropping for me.

I would suggest that broadband be the next thing, in a way I'm hoping Wanadoo Anytime does get worse because then I can make the change knowing it was the right thing (except Wanadoo hope I'll choose them for broadband!)

Sorry to here of your problems though :(

Part 2

The plop thickens

Well joy of joy yet again i got to ring wanapoo at my expense on a national rate number just so i can cancel my account .....

After the normal, by now wait, i get through to a person and tell them i want to cancel my account. So now we have a nice conversation as to why ( after of course confirming who i am ) , Nice of them to let me pay while they try to talk me into their broadband , which I dont want as its capped. To which i have a silly conversation with a person telling my yes its capped but i can have my computer on all day the cap does not affect that....( Having played Doom3 to much lately i considered the shotgun , chainsaw or just beating them to pulp with my bare hands by now) After the silly conversation comes to a end . i end my anytime account and the person agree that come the 23 saturday my account finishes , ends , is no more , departs this world and shuffles of its mortal coil, ( yes i'm over doing it . I know but the best is yet to come. )

part Richard the third ( act 3)

Oh joy its 23rd of Oct and yes my account with wanapoo ends to day ...

I know lets be silly, lets be cynical , lets test it just to be sure and sleep safe at night lets test it as been cancelled. So eagerly with beating heart i try the connection . At this this point i feel like i'm on Who wants to be Millionaire, do i take the money or not, its a 50/50 question , should i ask the audience or try the connection . So i try the connection and ......

Please pause here , wait a while maybe go and make a cupper . Its worth it it will add to the suspense.......

Well you guessed it My connection still worked i was on the net on my Wanapoo account . You know the one that id agreed with them was ending , you know the one i pay for .............

So i typed the little national rate phone number in , i go through the push button menu , i get told my call is important to wanapoo and promptly a minute later get cut off .............oh the joy such wonderful customer service , i aint been teased this much since playing ship of doom on the old rubber keyboard Spectrum of my youth.

Well being as ive kicked arse in doom3 , doom2 , doom , farcry , Return to wolfenstien , prodject IGI etc ....I dont let a mear **** the customer about deter me, I Ring again .........

I get through , i speak to a person who asks me whom i spoke to on the 23rd do i have a name ..(pause for affect ) Nope i dont but yep they got the details there to end my account on the 23rd before i'm billed for another Month . And No my account as not been cancelled its still live .......The person the other end is very sorry that its not been ended and then talks to me at lenght as to sorting it out and they now ended it and Yes its silly conversation time about good old Broadband ( capped crap on wanapoo) .

Story so far, It seems i may of actually ended me account ..........

I feel i deserve a T-shirt or a Gold star or end of level Gurdian to kick around or at least someone to throttle ..........

Ps the person i last spoke to let slip, I was the 5th person to ring in with the same problem today the 23rd of oct 2004 .Nice to see Wanapoo treat customers equally.........

Ofcourse i'll just check my account for a bill on monday , just to be sure , just to be at ease , just to stay sane .........................not like i'm stuck in some nightmare game where you carnt get out .......where did i leave that Beaver Tooth Chainsaw ........

Night Night

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules