Sponsored Links

Current state of play?

All quiet here these days.

How is everyone getting on with satellite broadband at the moment? All happy with your ISP or have most folk now got normal broadband?

I was so disapointed when Central Point changed over to Astra that i have not tried anyone else since.

I am having another go at it as there is still no sign of broadband in my area
so i am open to recommendations/avoid at all costs from anyone.

Has anyone tried, or even heard of rapidsat as a satellite broadband provider?

I sent an enquiry this afternoon to see about getting set up after getting the dish pointing to Eutelsat W3 7 degrees East.

I will let you know how i get on with them, if anybody still reads here that is!

Most people have got terrestrial broadband now.

Its all gone quiet to the point that Aramiska, though expensive, are the only company that I can think off the top of my head...

Yeh ive herd of Rapid, they use the OpenSky system from Eutelsat. I guess there the same as man y others altough there customer support did sound friendly and they did ring back when they said they would.

Ben

Sponsored Links
Micronet have just launched its Satellite Internet Booster options on the ebird satellite, with a uniqe gear system that allows the user to choose the speed that they want with a theoretical maximum of 16mb being achieved in gear 6. You will find both the price and speed is much better than W3 satellite as its a new service.

We mainly aim our packages abroad now which is why we have'nt posted here in a while, but we now aim to offer the Internet Booster Service to those wishing increase the speed of their terrestrial broadband here in the UK.

In fact, we have just undergone a major expansion and have a new upgraded website, look out for in the news soon for more details.

visit the upgraded website, www.getbroadbandanywhere.com

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5505)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2534)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2258)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1969)
  9. Statistics (1786)
  10. 4G (1661)
  11. Virgin Media (1615)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1457)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1388)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules