Sponsored Links

Customer (Vispa don't) care

I am amazed and surprised by the insulting attitude adopted by Visap Admin towards a customer, on its forum site.

For some time now I have been debating the possibility of migrating from Fast24 to Vispa but have had an uneasy feeling about their attitude to subscribers. Now my questions are answered - they obviously have no idea and come across, in my opinion, as patronising and offensive. My advice, stay well away.

Wow. Touched a nerve or what? Within minutes of posting a critical comment on the Vispa forum, re the above, my post was censored and my user name blocked.

I have been accused of 'offensive comment' which is totally untrue. My observations were polite but clear. This organisation has a personality problem. My advice? Stay well away.

I suppose it's all down to interpretation, however, if the forum rules are broken you could expect that decision on any forum.

I don't know what you posted but I've only ever seen a handful of posts deleted in the last three years; that proves they have a fairly liberal attitude to comments made.

As for customer support, to be honest, this is one of the best ISP's I've come across in terms of offering support to the end user.

But as in any two way conversation remaining civil normally reaps greater benefits.

Sponsored Links
carstairs your content was removed because this is the 5th time in recent weeks you have posted utter pointless posts, especially in this case where you basicically ruined the whole topic of conversation.

What you have no idea about (yet to presume) is I have personally been in contact with the customer, and we know where each party has fallen down, not helped at all by me taking my first weeks break in 18 months which has held up something that I was dealing with personally.

As for customer service, you really can take it as it is. Our approach is to be honest, if a customer is wrong then we tell them so, no one learns if they expect the handled in cotton wool all their lives.

My point stands and block remains in place, I have for weeks bitten my lip with your topics and comments, and in my view all unrequired. Maybe Fast24 will be happy to have you on board.

Martin Pitt
Managing Director
Vispa Internet Limited
http://www.vispa.net

Well I believe in free speech. Your language to your customer was offensive and has no place in the modern business world. As for your excuses, they are just banal. Take responsibility.

The post you obliterated contained no offensive words, phrases or insults. You censored what was perfectly legitimate criticism, which you obviously feel uncomfortable with. Why not leave the posting and let your membership decide for itself.

Your action was heavy handed, petulant and bullying as you knew I had no way of responding on your site. Unfortunately for you, you are unable to erase my observations on this web site and your further dialogue may help others to an insight of the Vispa philosophy which is entirely at odds with mine.

Is it right to use these forums for a dispute between an isp and one of its members.

Can you not resort to email or communicate on a chat room.

:(

Sponsored Links
Both are welcome to use our chatroom to sort this out..

Yet I am not sure why carstairs was posting on Vispas support forums if he isn't a customer of Vispa...

Not sure but I think Carstairs also uses one of Vispa's Lite packages as an add on so that makes him a customer.

carstairs, if your not happy we the service we offer, or how we handle our established excellent customer service levels, then please do email billing@vispa.net or email me direct martin@vispa.net and cancel. I will personally ensure your account gets switched off.

As stated before you jumped on the bandwagon of a topic without knowing the full story or history behind the post from another customer. As explained I am already in full convo with them, but me being on hols added an unrequired extra delay.

Martin

Last edited:
Thank you Kitty.

I believe it legitimate to raise these issues for consideration by visitors to ispreview.

It is obvious from the adverse comment I have drawn that I have few friends amongst the Vispa fraternity. This I understand and I respect their loyalty. That however proves my point. Such criticism is published here, not like within the paranoid world of Vispa, where they will brook no public criticism whatsoever.

I feel any further comment on the Vispa response will be futile. They have demonstrated their position and of course it is for the individual to decide whether or not to subscribe to this isp. My advice stands however.

Sponsored Links
i am not a vispa customer but i fully support them in everything they do as i was a customer and i had a very wierd circumstance and they helped me everyway they could and i can only thank them for being so kind harted towards me.

Carstairs,

a final thought - you say Vispa will brook no criticism whatsoever but the thread you refer to on Vispa's own forums is a user's direct criticism of Vispa.

It is still open and not been locked, the only part of of it to be removed is your contribution.

So I don't think you are fully justified in your comments about paranoia etc.

As you say in an earlier posting petezab, its all down to interpretation.

Thank you for your advice, shortly after I joined Vispa but I am obviously not now to be a long term associate of Vispa.

I believe that as a paying customer I have a right to quick criticism. However, I also believe in praise when it is due.

Currently an issue is affecting telefonica and yet users of Fast24 have received the only helpful information on the situation from a Vispa rep. Thanks (and I am NOT being sarcastic)

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules