Sponsored Links

Damn it!

Mel

Sky have just started offering 8mbps Sky connect for £5 per month at my exchange, if they'd offered it only a few days earlier I could have used the changes in AOL's T&Cs as an excuse to get out of my 1mbps AOL contract. :crap:

I very nearly migrated to sky last month, but the £40 'activation fee' when I could get a mac, put me off :rolleyes:

Mel
that is bad news, but never mind go make yourself a nice cup of coffee s there is always another day:D

Mel
there is always another day:D

Well another 8 months or so - I have to check when my contract ends and decide whether its worth buying my way out, but I'm already drooling over the prospect that by next year I might be able to get adsl2+ for just £10 a month :drool:

Sponsored Links
Mel,

A friend of mine uses Sky and says its rubbish, if she wasn't tied into a 12 month contract she would dump it so maybe missing out was a blessing in disguise.

Mel,

A friend of mine uses Sky and says its rubbish, if she wasn't tied into a 12 month contract she would dump it so maybe missing out was a blessing in disguise.

Just back from a few days away.......

Our connection with Sky is great, and I'd even go as far as saying that it's actually better than the Entanet connection that we had before. We're 3 months into our 12 month contract and have not regretted it once. Just goes to show what a great job Easynet are doing! :D

Just back from a few days away.......

Our connection with Sky is great, and I'd even go as far as saying that it's actually better than the Entanet connection that we had before. We're 3 months into our 12 month contract and have not regretted it once. Just goes to show what a great job Easynet are doing! :D

I've seen one or two less complementary comments about the people contracted to LLU some of the exchanges :) http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.telecom.broadband/msg/493f46425dc2210f?hl=en&
A SKY rep even told me that
EasyNet has been known to install the cards upside down, no I won't go
there, but they must have been using a hammer for that one...

I get the impression that the service is pretty good once you are up and running. And £10 for upto 16mbps is quite a bargain. Makes the £15 for sky TV almost worthwhile ;)

Most of the complaints that I could find about Sky's BB service seem to be about delays in supplying the router (and refusal to provide the username/password when the router doesn't show up, so those affected can't use their own router in the meantime), and being supplied an upto 8mbps service when they've paid for the ADSL2+ service. I read a few complaints about Sky support, but they sound FAR better than AOL support.

Sponsored Links
Easynet have a really god techie guy working for them now he left NTl to join htem and he was the best at NTL. If i was to go LLU route it would be either BE, Zen or Easynets LLU

I've checked and I've got 6 month left on my AOL contract, although I suppose AOL just might try to count the start as when they finally managed to provide a 1mbps service with a working aol.com login :rolleyes: as they didn't charge me for the first two months.

I think there's a pretty good chance that my line will be unbundled in the meantime as CPW are in the process of unbundling this exchange. :(

hopefully they will give u a choice of going llu or not

its pretty hard at the moment to migrate form llu to ip stream or llu and usually ends up with having to get a new connection which will probably involve connection or deconnection charges.....if u want to move .

In many cases they have to get a new line from BT. there are loads of horror stories out there getting away from LLU.

Sponsored Links
The worst horror stories I've read are from people who had managed to escape their old ISP and join a decent one, only to have their lines LLUed by their old ISP, which was presumably using out-of-date data to LLU lines when they install their equipment in the exchange! :eek:

As far as I know AOL, like some others don't give an option, you just get an email saying they are upgrading/improving your service :laugh: . I'd only choose LLU if I was making a significant saving or benefiting in some other way has as much higher speeds, AOL (silver) was very cheap so I can't really complain and Sky is even cheaper and much faster so I'd take a chance on it.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5512)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules