Sponsored Links

Dell restoration media

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
having trouble finding it on Dell due to the laptop lve been handed to repair being a discontinued model (or least thats why l assume l was unable to find a download using the service key).

however l was recommended to drop by a place lve obtained media from before (dont worry the site is completely legal links used to be microsoft based media until the Win7 links were pulled in favour of Win10 from what lve been told)

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techn...icrosoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool

suffice to say, the site has the version of Win7 l require (Home Premium) l have a COA on the rear of the laptop in question, but not sure if Dell have some weird thing which means l need media from them (l know in the past lve had issues with other OSs but lm looking for confirmation before lm given the go ahead wanting to make sure before l obliterate the restoration partition)..

reason l want to do a full clean is when the laptop arrived it was unbootable due to a corrupted registry, but the thing is still beyond slow, and it originally had over 400 processes running in the background, suffice to say ld much prefer to do a clean install and get rid of any possible infections but be sure the codes work first.

I've had some issues with Dell and Win7 32Bit Home in the past; not having a recovery disk like you, I went out and purchased an unused Dell disk from a reseller, and used it.

The licence number was rejected, and Dell support told me that ONLY the original disk would work with the licence, each disk having a unique marker.

Having said that, I have done 3 re-installs/recoveries with a Dell Win7 64Bit Pro disk without issue, so it may only be the "Home" versions that have this problem.

Simples.
If you have a CoA sticker on the laptop then install that version of Windows.
Then just activate windows using the product key!
Just make sure you don't use a volume license version of the disk to install.

What version of W7 is the machine licensed for? I have a lot of the ISOs accessible and can easily send you the correct link.

Tom - www.mouselike.org

Sponsored Links
found the version l required on the above linked website (Home Premium) all install files are hosted on MS Technet so are legit untouched copies.

on another note, just found this link: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...17/simplifying-updates-for-windows-7-and-8-1/

this should save me much time with windows update.. rather than 200+ updates, l just have one to install that contains them.. if l had only known back in april lol.

actually l was updating for a few weeks afterwards.. damn laptop would intermittently take ages to update.. in fact just like the laptop lm working with now.. set the prerequisite update installing 30mins ago, its 9meg and its still on the "Searching for updates on this computer" stage.

actually l was updating for a few weeks afterwards.. damn laptop would intermittently take ages to update.. in fact just like the laptop lm working with now.. set the prerequisite update installing 30mins ago, its 9meg and its still on the "Searching for updates on this computer" stage.

Sponsored Links
Win 7 updates were /are near impossible for last 2 months. Presumably 'cos M$ is desperate to move people on the stupid Win 10 ....!
Martin

well its back to being unbootable.. after further tests, all problems are due to hard drive failure.. its the only explanation.. short of me doing proper disk checks outside of scanisk.. which l should add was the cause of the system being unbootable given it booted before running it heh.

kinda annoying but at least l managed to backup the persons files before the issues really struck.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules