Sponsored

Demon Surftime Extra Charges ?

Webwizard

Hi

I subscribe to Demon Evenings & weekends Dial-up & Pay BT surftime. I have just received my latest phone bill in from BT to which i have been charged extra for some of my surftime calls for Demon !! So i phoned BT to find out what's going on & they tell me Demon now has a surftime call limit ? And i now have to pay extra if i go over this limit ?

Can anyone please tell me what is the limit for the Evening & weekend surftime connection is please ?? As i have tried e-mailing Demon tech support but so far without any reply ?? Thanks for any help you can give me with this !!

Webwizard :shrug:

Kitty

Hello Webwizard

They are supposed to notify you of any changes before they come into use.

Would you please fill in the complaint form for Mark.J and if we have enough members he will contact Demon on your behalf to find out more. Just go here and complete the form.

Dataless

This is from Demon's website -

Are there any new Internet access restrictions with Demon Premier Connect Plus?
No. There are no new restrictions on the use of the Demon Premier Connect Plus service. Unlike some other ISPs, Demon will not disconnect you after spending more than 2 hours of continuous time online (or any other period).

The same applies to Demon Premier Connect during evenings and weekends (there is an 8am cutoff on weekdays).

I am on 24/7 and have never been charged extra....

hOrZa

I have just spoken to Demon on this and any changes to the surftime levels is down to BT and Demon have not changed anything on their service.

Hope this helps

:)

John

ISP Rep
Hi Webwizard

I use Demon Premier surftime, and also found a charge for one call made 5th Feb on my latest BT bill. I phoned the helpline, then got shoved off to the Home Highway helpline (why can't they put the RIGHT number on the bills!) and eventually got through.

When I explained the situation their rep was most puzzled and said it was perfectly obvious that this charge should NOT have been made and that it would be credited against my next bill.

So a reasonably satisfactory result (and yes I will be checking to make sure it comes off the next bill!)

Hope that helps somebody....

Regards
John.

Webwizard

I would like to thank everyone for there replies to my extra surftime charges problem !!

I have never received any notice of changes from either Demon or BT about extra suftime charges !!

I will fill out complaints form that Kitty posted the link to. Thanks Kitty ! Plus i will also get back onto BT to ask for a refund for the extra charges that they have made me pay on my latest phone bill :mad:

Thanks again to Dataless, BBPilning, hOrZa for the Demon info !!

Wiz :(

Webwizard

Thanks John for the BT info !! I will be contacting BT again to ask them for a refund on my Demon calls that they just charged me for !!

Wiz

John said:
Hi Webwizard

I use Demon Premier surftime, and also found a charge for one call made 5th Feb on my latest BT bill. I phoned the helpline, then got shoved off to the Home Highway helpline (why can't they put the RIGHT number on the bills!) and eventually got through.

When I explained the situation their rep was most puzzled and said it was perfectly obvious that this charge should NOT have been made and that it would be credited against my next bill.

So a reasonably satisfactory result (and yes I will be checking to make sure it comes off the next bill!)

Hope that helps somebody....

Regards
John.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2251)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1109)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1056)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (602)
  17. Sky Broadband (599)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (532)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules