Sponsored

Dial-up customers ??

Cynic

Casual Member
Where does this shambles leave dial-up customers ?
Biscit transformed my V21 dial-up account into a complete pig\'s ear. I took legal advice. As Biscit didn\'t answer any form of communication, I wrote and told them I was terminating my account, and haven\'t used it since. Ofcom said give them 12 weeks, then I could get CISAS to sort them out . However, Biscit isn\'t a member any more ?
What about other dial-up customers, are they using their connections, and paying their subs ? There must be some who are unaware of what is going on. If it wasn\'t for ISPreview forums, I wouldn\'t know much either.
My account details are probably sitting on a computer somewhere, waiting to be sold off to the highest bidder, even though I regard my account as dead.
What are other dial-up users thoughts ?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Hi and welcome... I suppose in this the dialup customers have been overlooked it is hard to say who biscit had the dial up connections from.

Could be BT or it could be another wholeseller.

I would send a email to the administrator giving all the information you have from ofcom and go and get a new ISP. Keep aii copies of any letters, emails you have sent or received about this problem in a court of law you will win.

Good luck with your move to a new supplier.

fontwell

Pro Member
I shall be finding another provider soon as this connection is starting to play up and I don't now how much longer it will continue.

I have asked the administrator about this and today had this reply.

" BT have not advised when the Internet connection will be turned off.

We suggest you make other arrangements as soon as possible".

jack8

Pro Member
In think dial up are in a lot of trouble, go back to BT I am sure they will help. Bt wholesale have been very helpfull.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Ddial up dont need mac codes to change ISPs so really they can just go and sign up with a new one their Biscit contracts are now dead.

fontwell

Pro Member
I haven't been able to get any pages to load today, although I do have a connection.

I also can't ping any dns servers, I wonder what sort of fault this is.

Am using 0845 to write this..

Cynic

Casual Member
I dumped Biscit, by special-delivery letter, as soon as I saw their nonsense about one-year contracts at dreamed-up prices, having to pay the full years subscription if we left, plus a £75 exit fee. Other conditions made me realise that their terms were the worst I\'ve ever seen. Of course, they probably didn\'t read many letters because of the enormous pile they got, but I thought if I continued to use the dial-up service, Biscit would assume that this confirmed acceptance of their terms. I have been using other 0845 numbers to look for another ISP. So far, I am not impressed with any of them, my trust in ISPs being at rock-bottom.
Thanks for the replies folks; this is about the only place we can find common-sense.

csj

V21 numbers

I was unable to connect to the V21 08089933025 number over the weekend but am able to connect to it today (but no web pages are loading).

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
You need to sign upto another ISP for your dial up connections.

fontwell

Pro Member
Even though there is no minimum contract, it needs to be pointed out that if you sign up you will be paying at least two months subcription.

I got caught by clause 12.5 which to me meant you can cancel within 7 days if you don't like the service which I didn't because it is so slow.

What happened after sign up I cancelled the next day, they claim as I had used the service the 7 days does not apply.

So the cancellation in effect can't be done until the next pay day in April, and then run on until the next in May and end.

So less than one hour online = £16

My advice is if you join you had better like it.

T&C.

12.5 You can cancel this Agreement by giving us notice in writing within 7 days of completing the registration form or before you use the Internet Service, whichever is the earlier, thereafter you can cancel this Internet Service at any time after the Minimum Term by telephoning the Help Desk or using the ‘My Account’ facility. You must give us one month’s notice from your next billing date. No part of your monthly subscription will be refunded.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2553)
  2. FTTP (2291)
  3. FTTC (1687)
  4. Building Digital UK (1626)
  5. Politics (1456)
  6. Openreach (1444)
  7. Business (1272)
  8. FTTH (1124)
  9. Statistics (1118)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1067)
  11. Fibre Optic (984)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (930)
  13. Wireless Internet (929)
  14. 4G (925)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (587)
  19. Vodafone (542)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules