Sponsored

DialUp Service - Missing E-Mails

TaikoGrrrl

Anyone else here on Fast4 DialUp had no e-mails today?
I've had none via them for nearly 24 hours.
I seem to be able to send and receive test messages to my BackUp e-address at another ISP, though.
I'm unable to log in to the Fast4 members console to send a SecureMessage complaint to them, either, - it rejects my username and password as invalid.
I can connect to the Web OK via Fast4, though.
Phoning the 0905 Tech. Support was a useless and costly waste of time and
energy, - there's no-one on duty to fix anything.
Presumably this state of affairs will last now till Tuesday, at least?
Does anyone have any other contact numbers to try?
Has anyone had any success in claiming compensation for this kind of loss of e-mail service and ensuing costly phone calls?
There've been several other similar outages associated with my Fast4 account, this year.

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I doubt you could claim compensation for e-mail because most ISPs deploy it as a "free" value added service, with all sorts of "it might not always work" style clauses attached in the T&C's. Still, Fast4 recently became a part of 'Breathe' and if you check the Breathe forum on this site then it seems dialup and e-mail problems are a systemic area of trouble; I hope this hasn’t been inherited to Fast4.

Do keep us informed and if it's still a problem on Tuesday then I'll see if we can't get some answers out of them for you.

TaikoGrrrl

Many thanks, Mark.
The e-mail service is still down this morning.
The good news is I've sussed why I couldn't access my Members' SecureMessage console.
Since Fast4 and Breathe merged, the LogIn URL has changed.
I'd not noticed this.
I have cookies blocked by default and needed to 'Allow' the new URL to install cookies.
Thus I can now access the SecureMessage service and will be able to lodge a complaint through that, now.
This info. might perhaps help anyone else who turns up here with the same problems.
Hopefully, someone might be around at Fast4's end of the wire/fibre-optics this weekend, with the technical expertise to fix the e-mail problem itself.
I'll keep you updated with any developments through this thread.
Thanks again.

TaikoGrrrl

Progress Update

Although I have not had a reply to my SecureMessage complaint, someone at Fast4 seems to have taken some action, yesterday, around midday.
I am now able to send and receive current e-mails through the account OK.
E-mails sent to me on Friday and Saturday have been trickling through, massively delayed.
There must be about a dozen or so, that still have not reached my InBox, though.
I'll post any other developments here, for your information.

TaikoGrrrl

Progress Update - Tuesday 26.08.08

Fast4 TechSupport were back at their keyboards today and we exchanged a few SecureMessages about the problem.
Seems like other accounts there have not reported similar problems.
They couldn't offer a definite explanation for the glitch but thought a virus-infected e-mail might possibly have got past their screening system to my pc, temporarily disabling the InBox by representing it to their server as being full up.
I'll do a full anti-virus scan of the whole pc, later tonight but apart from that possibility, the mystery remains.
Current e-mails are now coming through OK again, though.
Hope this info. is helpful to others here, perhaps.

found these server addy's, poking around the breathe help pages..

mailin.macunmimited.net (for fast4 peeps, mail.fast4,net still seems to work)
mailout.macunlimited.net

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
My f4 emails have not been accessible for the past few days. I thought that they finally cancelled the email account as I've not been with them for over a year, but no this morning it seems to be working again.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
They couldn't offer a definite explanation for the glitch but thought a virus-infected e-mail might possibly have got past their screening system to my pc, temporarily disabling the InBox by representing it to their server as being full up.
Rubbish!

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
Stopped working again, well one of them the other one appears to be working but no mail coming through.

JPC

Pro Member
Same problem here!
I havent been able to receive fas4 e-mails for well over a week now....
Have checked my PC for virus infections but is clean as a whistle!
Thank goodness I have Google and Yahoo e-mail accounts!!
Regards
JPC

JPC

Pro Member
I keep getting the message that my Password is invalid.
Ive created a new account but is says invalid password for that as well.
Is that what you guys are getting??
JC

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2194)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1604)
  5. Politics (1423)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1237)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1071)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1036)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (856)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (578)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules