Sponsored Links

Directional antenna signal strength

Should the SINR Be fluctuating ? RSSI & RSRP is Pritty stable but SINR seems to go up and down Started off yesterday evening getting 17mbps download, bearing in mind this is rural Ireland which is pretty good, but as the evening when on speeds got worse I’m not sure If this what happens at peak times, of weather was a factor

Sponsored Links
My sinr varies from 0 to 10 and does jump around a lot, mainly weather and foliage dependant so worst in summer rain when the trees are full of leaves. Download varies from 30 to 60mb. I can see the mast in winter through the trees 4km away. My best download speeds are in winter on frosty days outside peak times, 70 to 80mb.

Thanks for the reply

is there any particular reason why my uploads speeds is near double my download speeds ?

Those connection stats look spot on.

Could just be a lot of users on that mast taking a slice of available bandwidth.

Have you tried locking onto any other mast in your area?

is there any particular reason why my uploads speeds is near double my download speeds ?

When I have had that issue I have had to play around with the antenna, moving around a bit and doing speed tests sorts it out, sometimes you can get reflections so a direct aim is not always the best.

Sponsored Links
Those connection stats look spot on.

Could just be a lot of users on that mast taking a slice of available bandwidth.

Have you tried locking onto any other mast in your area?
Yes other masts were giving much higher readings, and speed was much the same, this is as good as I could get

When I have had that issue I have had to play around with the antenna, moving around a bit and doing speed tests sorts it out, sometimes you can get reflections so a direct aim is not always the best.

thanks will give that a try

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules