Sponsored

disconnected

Miffy

Casual Member
I have a problem with tesco.net since yesterday. the connection speed is usually 46.6 bytes but since yesterday, it is somewhere between 14-36 bytes and I get disconnected in a few minutes after connection. Has it got to do with a virus or is it a tesco.net problem? Anybody in the same situation?

:(

Miffy

Casual Member
Spy ware

Hi A.D.B.M,

Thanks for your adivce. I went to the website you linked for me and downloaded the software. But when I tried to apply it to my PC, a small window shows up and says "Could not initialize installation".

Somebody also advised me to go to this link:

http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10194058.html?tag=lst-0-1

But this one, it takes too long to download before the line is cut off.

And a couple of times, when dialing to connect to tesco.net, I hear wierd noise and the small window says: "The remote computer did not respond". So I thought it might be tesco.net problem. I also scanned my PC for Welcha virus but the PC was not affected.

:confused:

A.D.B.M

Top Member
I went thru a bad patch a couple of weeks back with constant busy tones, but I do use a 64k isdn line so dialling is almost instant and you always connect at the same 64k speed.
Are you using their Tesco dialler or have you set up a manual dial up, and what operating system are you using.
I think there is two dial up numbers for Tesco.net

Miffy

Casual Member
got through

The connection became fine the last night. I guess the tesco.net was going through bad patches at that time. Thanks for your reply anyway, I appreciate it!:)

Shaun

ULTIMATE Member
Miffy said:
I have a problem with tesco.net since yesterday. the connection speed is usually 46.6 bytes but since yesterday, it is somewhere between 14-36 bytes and I get disconnected in a few minutes after connection. Has it got to do with a virus or is it a tesco.net problem? Anybody in the same situation?

:(
I am sure you mean kilobytes (KB), but a sudden drop in connection speed can be caused by pretty much anything. First I would check for crackle in the line. If your phones do not crackle, connect a corded phone to the socket with your modem cable, if you have a phone like this, and see if the problem persists.

I wouldnt think the authentification speed would be effected by anything their end...

Miffy

Casual Member
kbps

>I am sure you mean kilobytes (KB),

Yes, you are right. I meant kilobytes per second...Sorry I'm not familiar with these things so I wrote it wrong...
And thanks for your advice. I'll try what you've advised when the same thing happens next time.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Plusnet £22.50 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2741)
  2. FTTP (2670)
  3. FTTC (1768)
  4. Building Digital UK (1723)
  5. Politics (1631)
  6. Openreach (1592)
  7. Business (1403)
  8. FTTH (1330)
  9. Statistics (1223)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1195)
  11. Fibre Optic (1048)
  12. 4G (1027)
  13. Wireless Internet (1009)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1004)
  15. Virgin Media (992)
  16. EE (678)
  17. Sky Broadband (662)
  18. TalkTalk (653)
  19. Vodafone (651)
  20. 5G (487)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules