Sponsored Links

DNS problem - can't get www.vispa.net

i have regular trouble with Vispas DNS servers. try using open DNS instrad.

The only trouble I have is with my router re-applying Vispa's dns settings if it reboots; I cant find a way to stop it from auto detecting!!!

my connection though Vispa died again a few minutes ago; I went to router properties, deleted the vispa dns info and BANG!! connected straight away through OpenDNS.

Sponsored Links
Het captain.

Wanna tell us what router you've got - maybe some of the good peeps around here might be able to point you in the right direction.

Just a thought - TP

Zoom X6

Loads of user options as its got a browser based control panel, but nothing under advanced settings to stop Vispa re applying their DNS settings.

other than this teeny weeny problem I would recommend this router to anyone, good spec, wide range of protocols including ADSL2+, wireless and dirt cheap from pissy weirld.

i think I tried that once, will try again and see what happens.
I suspect that as soon as I reboot the router the vispa dns settings will re-appear.

usually it is not a problem because the router is on 24/7, but if there is a power outage or I HAVE to re-boot it ( it did go wibbley wobbley on me once), I have to remember to go to the dns settings and manually delete them.

Vispa seem to be having persistent problems with a server near birmingham, it caused me problems when I first joined and is still cropping up as the problem when their dns settings get uploaded onto my router.
This server sits BETWEEN me and the dns server, so trying to point at any vispa dns address causes problems; hence pointing it at OpenDNS instead.

Sponsored Links
I have just returned from Dubai and the Vispa DNS servers are playing up again.

I had very poor or no connection at all since a few hours after switching my PC on; I even re-set the router, but then noticed it had reset the dns settings again.

I believe I have sorted out the router and it will not keep resetting the dns address to theirs.
As soon as I deleted them and re-entered the openDNS settings everything started working again.
Fingers crossed.

Still resetting to Vispa's DNS servers and I cannot understand why; not that it has helped the last few days.
i have had almost no internet use for 2 1/2 days, solid connection, but nothing getting past the 2nd or 3rd server jump; apparently a lot of Vispa customers have been affected and Vispa are blaming it on an upgrade that went wrong; but MY problems started BEFORE the upgrade was due to start.

Hi,

Which DNS servers are you using as we're not aware of any issues with them?

You should be on .24 & .25 ?

I have tried all 4 of them, as soon as I switched back to OpenDNS everything sprang to life again.
But only to go down entirely after Christmas, everything died 1-2 jumps from home and didnt come back for 2 days ( was on phone asking what was up).

[ 4] ( 62.24.228.1 ) [ 53ms] rt-gw1.tcm.vispa.net.uk
is the culprit, if this one responds then everything works; when it refuses to respond, my connection is effectively dead.

The last working connection in that case is
[ 3] ( 62.24.228.34 ) [ 43ms] rt-dsl.tcm.vispa.net.uk

Sponsored Links
Hi,

After our router failure on 31st / 1st Jan we replaced it and re-routed traffic. Just wondering if it's improved since?

I'll switch on some debug logs and see what happens.

Can you PM me your IP address?

Not really seen any improvement, the router is still resetting to Vispa DNS settings and I cant stop it, any attempt to set the "Do not switch" button to "ON" set it to T1.413 mode and the damn thing cant connect.

Speeds are still pretty poor much of the evening; I am managing to run a P2P at upto 100k sometimes, but there are days when even trying to run a 64k radio stream wont work for more than a few minutes without it constantly re-buffering.
The last few days everything has been like treacle, turning P2P off doesnt help, so it is definitely not a bandwidth problem.

Pings to RadioIO are varying between 124 and 200+ within the space of a few seconds.
Pings to BBC go from 46 to 300+ !!!!

Another outage last night/this morning; I had just installed XP SP3 beta on my laptop when the connection died. I was blaming the install until I realised the PC was not connecting either; sometime between 1am and 2am. Nothing on Vispa's status page (as usual).

I used to recommend Vispa, but since Christmas speeds have become a joke for much of the day; the last few weeks I have been getting sub dial-up speeds all evening, then sudden bursts of max speed for a few hours, then 10-30kbps. It has been nearly impossible to listen to RadioIo at any bit rate, although (very strangely) a 900kbps TV stream using "octoshape" works perfectly.

Oh! and lots of "stuck" downloads; had to cancel and restart a LOT in recent weeks; reminds me of my days on Freeserve Anytime dial-up. :-(

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules