Sponsored

Do I sign up or not?

Rik

Top Member
OK, here is what I am going to do.

I want to sign up for a Broadband ISP very soon.

I am thinking seriously about signing up for this ISP, unless someone can suggest an alternative that meets my requirements.

I have enjoyed trouble free dial-up service with OneTel for the last 2.5 years.

My Broadband ISP requirements are as follows:

1. No connection or installation fee
  2. No Download limit
  3. Under £20 per month subscription, as I have a limited budget
  4. No charge for modem etc, as I already have equipment

Alternative, give me reason why I shouldn't sign up given my requirements.

I look forward to your comments, positive or otherwise.

Thanks for your time guys

Rik

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
If you want a broadband for under £20 a month with UNLIMITED download, but no connection fee or installation fee then I am afraid, it will cost more than £20 a month for that because there is no way to find any broadband offer you for less £20 a month (with unlimited download with no connection fee or installation fee) as it have to pay BT connection fee to activation your line.

There is only one good isp (NDO) that offer you no connection fee or no set up fee is http://www.ndo.com/ndo/Products/Home500/prdadslhome500.html as they have 512K unlimited download with just £24.99 a month (including vat) but that including your connection fee (that pay to BT) and NDO had a very good reports on the ispreview.

I don't think there is many isps can offer you for under £20 a month with no connection fee or set up fee with unlimited download as they isn't one on it!

Rik

Top Member
bulldog said:
I don't think there is many isps can offer you for under £20 a month with no connection fee or set up fee with unlimited download as they isn't one on it!
but Tesco's are doing it....so why can't anyone else?

my other alternative is Virgin, but they have a 3gb limit

Rik

Top Member
I've also found a few others under £20 a month with no setup fee, or download limits

Demon Home 500
Supanet
Tiscali

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Rik said:
I've also found a few others under £20 a month with no setup fee, or download limits

Demon Home 500
Supanet
Tiscali
I should check the forums also the ISP complaints & problems forums also ask a few members who are customers by posting the the relevent ISPs forums.

Good luck in your hunt for another ISP

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
Tesco, Supanet and Tiscali aren't good as NDO as I don't want you to pick the cheaper isp and end up alots of problems, complaints.

As for Demon Home 500, I never heard of this isp, but I would say that NDO are the best isp I ever see so fars with no complaints or any problems.

Be careful when you pick the cheaper isp that do end up in troubles lay ahead.

The best top three isps are:

NDO, PLUSNET and ECLIPSE

The worst top three isps are:

TISCALI, SUPANET and TESCO

Rik

Top Member
thanks for that....i think i'll pursue Demon abit further....they are one of the UK's longest standing ISP's....have been around years....have avoided them in the past, cos they were relatively expensive

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
All I say is good luck to you Rik, wish you all the best with Demon Home 500 as I know that Demon are the longest isp in UK but they do expensive but if it does come cheapest, then I don't think there is nothing wrong of giving it a go! (I only hope there isn't got any 12 months contract on it !)

So good luck and let us know how you get on !

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
I had been with NDO once before moving to Plusnet because I need the higher speed up to 2Mb as NDO do not have it for home product, that's why I went over to PLusnet for 2Mb Home Premier in a migration over but I rated both NDO and PLUSNET a very good speed with broadband since August 2004 and so fars, I had no problems and doesn't need any support help!

If you have a decent modem/router, Tesco is fine

Hi Rik,
I have been using Tesco.net broadband for 4 1/2 months and have not ever had a problem, most of the complaints seem to have the cheap USB modem in common.
I never opened mine- I bought a decent Linksys wireless router/modem and used that straight away. Once I'd forced the setup info out of the tech on the end of the support phoneline, who seemed to know nothing about adsl setup, I got fast uninterupted access ever since.
My router has never refused to connect.

I say try Tesco :D

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2301)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1628)
  5. Politics (1463)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1132)
  9. Statistics (1120)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1071)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (933)
  13. Wireless Internet (932)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules