Sponsored

Do I sign up With Demon or not?

Rik

Top Member
OK, here is what I am going to do.

I want to sign up for a Broadband ISP very soon.

I am thinking seriously about signing up for this ISP, unless someone can suggest an alternative that meets my requirements.

I have enjoyed trouble free dial-up service with OneTel for the last 2.5 years.

My Broadband ISP requirements are as follows:

No connection or installation fee
No Download limit
Under £20 per month subscription, as I have a limited budget
No charge for modem etc, as I already have equipment

Alternative, give me reason why I shouldn't sign up given my requirements.

I look forward to your comments, positive or otherwise.

Thanks for your time guys

Rik

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I told Rik to try asking present customers about the service in their relevent forums which Is what he has done here.

Rik

Top Member
is this guy following me about lol...these forums do seem alot quieter than they were a couple of years back

so, does anyone use demon?

thanks Kits :)

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
I do apology Rik, you are allow to post the thread here as Kits had metion you on other forum that I didn't read it properly.

No, not really, I did not follow you around :D Just try to help you to pick the right ISP.

I had checked isp with Demon, these are really good and sound very professional support there. The Home 500 is on for you as it does say it had unlimited download, no restriction at all, a free set up plus free USB modem for you and the price is yes at only £19.99 (inc VAT) but I cannot find a T & C's to found out to see if it was either 1 or 12 months contract but I think and believe it will be in a 12 months contract because of Free USB Modem. Best to ask customer support if I was in your shoe!

EnglishGuy

ULTIMATE Member
They are a 12 month contract, and look at the extortionate fee they charge to up or downgrade your package, nigh on £150+vat
I was just about to submit my order till I decided to finally read the small print then cancelled!...however they have good reviews, reputable, middle of the road on performance and if you plan on 12 months at 512k then go for it!
However didnt the free modem offer expire end Jan?

Rik

Top Member
EnglishGuy said:
They are a 12 month contract, and look at the extortionate fee they charge to up or downgrade your package, nigh on £150+vat
I was just about to submit my order till I decided to finally read the small print then cancelled!...however they have good reviews, reputable, middle of the road on performance and if you plan on 12 months at 512k then go for it!
thanks for that info
that fee is abit over the top...might have to take a read closer and see what it's all about.
any idea about migration?...do they charge if you want to leave...not during the first 12 months

where did you go in the end EnglishGuy?

lodge

Top Member
NDO meets the under £20 criteria with their Home Upfront package. You don't need to buy any hardware and it's a one month contract. No download limits. There's the standard BT activation fee, though.

Support is great, not that you're likely to need it.

Rik

Top Member
lodge said:
NDO meets the under £20 criteria with their Home Upfront package. You don't need to buy any hardware and it's a one month contract. No download limits. There's the standard BT activation fee, though.

Support is great, not that you're likely to need it.
am afraid I can't afford the £65 initial setup fee though...hence wanting an ISP without setup fee

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
Rik, can I ask you a question, are you with broadband at the moment or not ?

If you do have a broadband, that NDO offer you a free migration over to NDO for free of charge but you will be on the Home500 of just £19.99 a month (inc VAT) and of course still UNLIMITED. But mind you, there is a 12 months contract on it but if you want to leave NDO, you have to pay NDO £60 charge if you to wish to leave before the end of your 12 months contract.

But, if you haven't got any broadband, I would suggest you to get in touch with Doug (NDO manager) on 0870 200 2210 to explain that you really want to have 512K broadband with unlimited one for under £20 a month but no set up fee or connection fee, they might offer you a helping hand, you never know in your LUCK !

Good luck !

bulldog

ULTIMATE Member
Originally Posted by EnglishGuy - They are a 12 month contract, and look at the extortionate fee they charge to up or downgrade your package, nigh on £150+vat
Where did you get the small print from ? Can you send URL of small print if you can! Thanks

Rik

Top Member
bulldog said:
Rik, can I ask you a question, are you with broadband at the moment or not ?

If you do have a broadband, that NDO offer you a free migration over to NDO for free of charge but you will be on the Home500 of just £19.99 a month (inc VAT) and of course still UNLIMITED. But mind you, there is a 12 months contract on it but if you want to leave NDO, you have to pay NDO £60 charge if you to wish to leave before the end of your 12 months contract.

But, if you haven't got any broadband, I would suggest you to get in touch with Doug (NDO manager) on 0870 200 2210 to explain that you really want to have 512K broadband with unlimited one for under £20 a month but no set up fee or connection fee, they might offer you a helping hand, you never know in your LUCK !

Good luck !
no, am not on Broadband....just dial-up for the last 20 years ish

thanks for the tip....i suppose i could try it....but i don't hold out much hope

lodge

Top Member
Rik said:
thanks for the tip....i suppose i could try it....but i don't hold out much hope
Give it a go, they're a great ISP and they'll help you if they can.

nellie

Pro Member
An excellent ISP www.freedom2surf.net offer an unlimited service without restriction - better than Demon costs £22.50 with free connection. One must obviously retain the service for one year. They do offer MAC codes to customers wishing to leave. One must provide ones own modem filters Check out Ebay

druid2uk

Top Member
Rik, sorry to interject, but have you considered Aol Silver, since yesterday they have doubled the speed to 512k, there is no startup fee, they send you 3 filters and modem + all leads etc in fact everything you need for free and the cost is only £17.99 per month, they never quibble about how much you use them and there is no capping, with BB you don't need to use Aol software and you can set up OE6 to handle Aol email if you wish.

I have been on aol Gold BB for a short while and so far find the service excellent, I have been advised that my speed will be increased to 1m without any price increase!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2528)
  2. FTTP (2243)
  3. FTTC (1670)
  4. Building Digital UK (1615)
  5. Politics (1442)
  6. Openreach (1427)
  7. Business (1254)
  8. Statistics (1108)
  9. FTTH (1098)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1053)
  11. Fibre Optic (977)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. Wireless Internet (917)
  14. 4G (916)
  15. Virgin Media (867)
  16. EE (601)
  17. Sky Broadband (598)
  18. TalkTalk (583)
  19. Vodafone (530)
  20. 3G (416)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules